Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap lures: That work great!
Does anyone know of any cheap lures that work great? I know of jigs and chatterbait work great and only cost 5 bucks. Any other ones?
[signature]
Welcome to BigFishTackle and thanks for the inquiry.

There are hundreds of lure companies out there and most of them have lures, jigs, chatter baits, buzz baits and crankbaits in the $5 or less range.

Check out the Cabelas website. They have some specials on Strike King lures right now. You can also find deals Manns, Culprit, Rattle Trap, Terminator and others.[cool]
[signature]
IMO you can't beat the texas rig, the hooks are cheap and a bag of plastics is probably a few $$ only, the problem is you'll want to get a few different types of worms.

I like the texas rig because it catches fish in most situations.
[signature]
I do like the Texas rig too. If you really want to save a little on the plastics, I would suggest the new worms by Strike King. They are made with their famous 3x stretch material.

1 worm can last for 50 Bass. I would usually go through 4 bags of Senkos by then.[shocked]
[signature]
Maniaccustombaits also has senco type worms that last alot longer.
[signature]
There are a lot of baits out there right now....however I am a Pro Staffer for Bear Paws Hand Poured Baits and this guy has come up with some pretty good stuff. He makes them all himself one at a time. He also has 140+ color choices. I live in Wisconsin so if you want to give me a ring I could send you a sample pack of what he has to offer. If not just check out his website at [url "http://bearpawshandpouredbaits.com/"]http://bearpawshandpouredbaits.com/[/url]
just let him know that Tony Nelson sent him your way.
[signature]
Sorry about that my number is

[#ff0000]Edited by fsh4fun05: You may not want to post your number on an active public forum. [/#ff0000]
[signature]
5/8 oz. Jitterbug Color Black go to any good tackle shop even Walmart has them. I never seen fish go crazy for any other lure I have. Just this one Black and Yellow are the best colors.
[signature]
Rapala X-raps are a great jerkbait, I replace the hooks with gamakatsu hooks but the ones on there are sharp enough. I also replace the split ring on the front with an oval split ring. I'm a little picky but out of the box (around $6) they work great. Lots of different sizes and colors.
[signature]
Cabelas is haveing a sale this week. I'm heading up sat. $2-$3 for lures.
[signature]
The Cabelas in Lehi, Utah is going to have CC rattletraps for 99 cents this weekend. I don't know if this is country wide but for a buck it's a chance to get some stock. I'm going to get the colors that I never use and the ones I do use for a buck each, can't go wrong.
[signature]