Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
flies at farmington pond what fun! (report)
[#800000][size 3]me and the wife went to farmington pond sunday night about 6:30 p.m. and there was a slight breeze. I used a fly and caught rainbow trout right off the bat. The wife started off with powerbait and caught a couple but then switched to a fly also. Seemed no end to the fish but others around us looked as if we were taking all the fish. We were located right at the entry to the pond where the stream enters and kept getting hit after hit. Of course all were to small to keep but all in all the fish were never ending. Mostly used a small, small stone fly and my wife used a large prince nymph. That seemed to do the trick, we only had to put the fly out about three feet in the pond to get bites, so I didn't have to try casting to far. We seemed to be the only ones catching fish that we could see the whole time we were there and we were the last ones to go. From what we could see all the others were just using bait and not getting anything. Fish cop came by and told us that the pond had just been planted not to long ago so there should be lots of little ones and there should still be some big ones in the pond also. If you decide to go up there, try and get this spot where the crick comes in, in the middle there is a little island area so you do have room to set up chair and all.[/size][/#800000]
[signature]