Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question on Koke's
Just wondering if the koke fishing in the spring and early summer is as good as it is in late summer early fall?? Last year was when I really got into fishing for them but it was August. Do you use the same tactics?? thanks"BIG FISH RULE"M.H.
[signature]
Beats me, I dont fish them in the fall. But you can catch them pretty easily in the spring up at the gorge. If one is better than the other, I cant immagine it. We just troll with downriggers for them.
[signature]
I sent an email to Judy, the koke queen, and this is her reply. Her and her husband absolutely slay the kokes whenever they go to Flaming Gorge.

[size 1]Usually earlier in the year they are about 25-30 ft. and straight out from the marina or over by Mustang ridge or up at Jarvis is good. Most importantly you need to use a orange lure and go 1.5 mi/hr

The marina she is talking about is Cedar Springs. Mustang Ridge is across and towards the dam to the right of the marina, Jarvies Canyon is to the Left and up a ways.
[/size]
[signature]
muskyhunter, have you ever fished causey for kokes? It's usually good all summer. Try very slowly trolling," almost a drift",with a worm and salmon egg on a wedding ring hook!! -TIBBZZ-[sly]
[signature]