Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge (Report)
Went to Flaming Gorge on the 17 and 18 With my scout group we fished sheep creek bay from the bank and most did pretty good except me I was getting a bite every cast but my line kept breaking after about four hits and my line breaking four times I noticed that there was a crack in my reel that my line was getting caught in and then it would break (thats my kind of luck) but about 8 - 10 fish were caught the first night, we were using the good ole worm and marshmellow I tried powerbait but didn't get any hits one of the fish was 18" and another was 20" and the rest were in the 10-15" range when leaving I also saw a guy holding a stringer full of trout with a couple about 20" caught off a worm and marshmellow the next day a few were caught I'm not sure on exactly how many but at least 8 all about 10-17" still off a worm and marshmellow. OH yea most fish were rainbows and I think there was one brown caught.Well that was my easter weekend GOOD FISHIN[Wink]
[signature]
Thanks for the great report Hoobie! Did you fish by the boat ramp in the bay then? Have only been there once and didn't fish. Would like to though. Thanks.
[signature]
We were about 100 yards from the boat ramp right by where the water comes in had to cross the river to gget to "the good spot" so if you fish the bank and don't want to get muddy and wet take waders[Smile]
[signature]