Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell Houseboat - help
I am looking for a 4-5 day houseboat rental this summer with the family, anyone have any advice/tips - where the heck can I find the best values on these beasts. I am clueless and the only websites are the aramark/lake powell and some other one.
[signature]
The only other website that I have found houseboats is powellguide.com, but I am pretty sure it is the same company (Aramark) as lakepowell.com. I also, have a trip lined up for the first week in May. I just go through lakepowell.com (Aramark). It is not cheap to say the least, but I am sure the price is the same no matter who you go through. Also, you plan on going in the summer time, that is a "pricey period" to being going. If you end up doing lakepowell.com (Aramark, which I believe is the only one) there is one tip that you must know.......after reserving/paying for your boat, call the marina that you are going to and give your reservation number and ask to pre-board (board the boat the day prior). It is a couple extra dollars ($300 on most houseboats), but it saves you a whole day in signing papers, getting all your stuff on the boat and doing your inspection. We do it everytime. The good thing about that is you get your boat around 2-3 pm the day before your actual rental day, you put all your stuff on, do the paper work and inspection and you are off and running!!! We did the "Early Bird Special" this year and they gave us a free powerboat rental for the time we have the houseboat, so I would go with Aramark!!! If you have anymore questions that I can answer send me a pm.
TS
[signature]
Try KSL.com classifieds and craigslist (utah , ariz, and nev ) Look under vacation rentals. Every now and then private owners rent their weeks
[signature]
thanks for the insight fellas
[signature]