Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
san francisco area guide
i am planning a vacation in june to the San Francisco area. and I would like to look into some guides or at least get some info on a guide. or maybe just get some info on where I can get a day or two just fishing. I have never ocean fished and would really like to give it a try. I have no salt water equipment so unless I get a guide just some freshwater fishing in the area. any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks Joe
[signature]
Welcome aboard Shark_Hunter and thanks for taking the time to register.

There are not many guides to speak of on Saltwater. You would have to get a Charter boat since some of the areas are closed to fishing from just any boat.

You can however fish from the Pier over there to get some saltwater experience. Any Bass, Catfish, Musky or Pike gear would be suitable without having to refinance your house to get involved.

If you prefer to do some freshwater, there is plenty in the area too.
A few of my favorite areas are Lake Merritt, San Leandro Reservoir, Lafayette Reservoir, San Pable Reservoir and Brones Reservoir.

Those are all withing 1/2 hour of San Francisco. They all have Bass, Catfish, Trout and Panfish.

If you feel like driving about 20 minutes farther North by Northwest, you can play around a little in the Delta area and go for some monster Striped Bass as well as Sturgeon.

Let me know if you need anymore help. I have fished that area quite a bit.

By the time you get here in June, there will be some of the ocean areas open and you can always go down to the Fishermans Wharf and get on an open party boat. The can rent you some Rods and Reels as well as get you setup on the appropriate tackle for the species that they will be targeting for the day.[cool]
[signature]
thanks for the info I will let you know what I end up doing and how it went.

thanks Joe
[signature]