Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mill meadows report
[cool]If you anything about catching them, then you know more than me. Never took a trip just for the big guys yet. Never hooked one by accident either. Just reading anything I can get my hands on, watching any show that has them in it, and studying thier habits like mad, so when I get a chance, I'm ready (I hope). See you on the water.
[signature]
I have read that tigers can grow up 12" a year,but this is utah so more like 8 to 10.
[signature]
I was with a friend at Pineview when he caught a 25 pounder. Absolutely amazing sportfish.

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
I think I read this from the special guest forum with Tom. The muskie migrated up stream from Johnson Res. it's only a couple of miles from Fish lake. Or a bucked angler tossed a couple in. I've never heard anybody catching one but I think it would be cool if they stock some down in southern utah.

Anybody ever catch a muskie on a fly pole.
[signature]
the musky ended up in fishlake from the river. they didnt plant them in there. and there isnt many musky in fishlake. same story with willard there are rumours of muskies entering the lake now since they opened the dam last year on pineview and several people saw them in the ogden river. so the rumor is they could have made it into willard which is true if they happened to make it through the gates on the diversion dams.
[signature]
Just thought I should set something more clearly. You'd have a better chance of catching a shark out of mill meadows than a muskie. The chances aren't much better for Johnson, and thus, not for Fish Lake either. They actually migrated into Mill Meadows, and weren't stocked. They were reported, so the limits were set. At least that's what I heard. Either way, they aren't in their now. It's funner, because with all those perch, you'd think they could survive. Nope. I recommend going to Pine View if you really want to catch a muskie. But if you do go to Mill Meadows, good luck with that shark.
[signature]
Mountainman,

Not to disagree, but they did plant muskies at one time in Mill Meadow. As to if they still do, or there are any left is another question. The perch were stocked to supplement their feed. Ask Tom P next time he's on the board. He'll give you the history.

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
They have treated Mill Meadow since the Tiger muskie and Perch were planted (Treatment was around 1995 or 96). The Perch that are there now have come down stream from Johnson Reservoir the same way any Tiger Muskie could now.
[signature]