Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sportsmans Expo deals?
Well, I went down to the ISE tonight. I was a little disappointed that Sportsmans wasn't there. In the past they've had great deals at the expo.

The Rocky Mt Tackle booth. They have some great deals at the Expo. Lures are like 4 for $10 and the dodgers are pretty cheap too. You're not going to find this stuff cheaper the rest of the year. They also have all of the new scents from pro cure available. Also, there new lures and dodgers are very nice looking. They really have some nice stuff for this year!

I didn't see the Maniac Custom Lures booth. I forgot to even look until I got home. I guess I'll have to order online again! Oh well.

I wasn't too impressed with a lot of the taxidermy. Awesome bucks and bulls, but the taxidermy didn't seem that good to me. Maybe they have just been over handled due to traveling? Some of them, especially the mule deer, seemed pretty ragged. Impressive racks though.

The boats were pretty cool. I really like the looks of the Trackers. Really not that expensive, but they seem to be a good boat. I was surprised to see how much roomier they are than my boat (reason to start saving!). Tons of tackle/rod storage, and great open bows with bow mount motors.

So, what deals have you guys found? Anything cool that I should go back for?
[signature]
That sucks Sportsmans whse is usually there the first night. I wish i could go and get deals but with gas prices and then paying for 4 it is not worth it for me. [unsure] Was there any fishing exhibitions ?
[signature]
does anyone know why sportsmens warehouse isn't going to be there this year. Seems kind of odd as they make a lot of money selling out there left over junk and items that are discontinued or overstocked. Well that's okay I will still have to try to make it down and see what else is there sometime this weekend.
[signature]
It's the "Sportsmans Expo", and Sportsmans Warehouse is not there? That is just about the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Quantum is not there this year either, and now you say that Maniac dogged out too??? Man! This expo is really going to suck! Maniac, Quantum, and the warehouse are usually the only reasons I go to the expo.
Even if you save a few bucks on some tackle from the RMT booth, you still have to consider your entrance fee.
So in your opinion, is it really worth it for me to go down there from Ogden???

Did you happen to notice if they had any cool new archery stuff down there?
[signature]
I'm going down today, It really sucks no Sportsmans warehouse I have gotten some great deals in the past.

Anyone else going today?
[signature]
So do you know if there IS a Maniac booth this year? [Smile]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]WELL................ I attended the show Thursday when It opened. TOTAL dissapointment!

I went inside very optimistic that since Sportsmans was not the sponser that it might still be a decent show. There is a LARGE food court area with the typical way over priced items.

Maniac IS at the show, We went by but James was not there. His father and Wife were there. HE was probably at his other job.

Stopped by and spoke with Jared, Rob and (Jareds better half ) . Jared has a nice booth set up with lots of new products there for you. Spoke with Kokeking also

I was, Like Brett, a little bummed out at the lack of Vendors, I Feel that since Sportsmans pulled out, Many otehr vendors did also. Pretty Sad, I wish I knew who to email and voice my feelings to. Nothing against the Guys that are doing it, But I think something had to have happend between the ISE folks and Sportsmans folks. If someone finds out who to pitch a Complaint at, I hope it gets posted up so we can let them know.

What did everyone else that ventured down think?
[/size][/black][/font]

[signature]
Yeah, I was disappointed also. I did buy some stuff from Maniac. I expected more fishing equipment. I think I counted like 3 booths that had tackle.
[signature]
Jeremy told me they did NOT make enough money for the hassles they had to deal with.[Wink]
[signature]
[font "Tahoma"][black][size 2][/size][/black][/font] [font "Tahoma"][black][size 2]Here is their contact info:[/size][/black][/font] [font "Tahoma"][black][size 2] Contact ISE Home OfficePO Box 2569
Vancouver, WA 98668-2569
[url "http://www.sportsexpos.com/"]www.sportsexpos.com[/url] 360-693-3700 International
800-545-6100 U.S. and Canada
360-693-3352 Facsimile
Attendee Concerns and Comments We would like to hear your thoughts about ISE shows. Of course we love to hear about the things you liked. And we value your feedback on items that can improve your experience. We value your comments as we work to continually improve our shows.
To comment on an ISE show, please send a message to:[url "mailto:info@sportsexpos.com"]info@sportsexpos.com[/url] . [/size][/black][/font][font "Tahoma"][black][size 2] [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Tahoma"][black][size 2][/size][/black][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][black][size 2][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Tahoma"][black][size 2]I agree that not having Sportsmans Warehouse was a bad move. I have gone to this thing for years and will stop if it keeps going down hill!!! I know that the last few years it seems that there are less vendors selling goods and more and more guide services. I mainly go to see new epuipment and look for some new stuff to buy. Maybe if we all send them an e-mail to complain they will listen![/size][/black][/font]
[font "Tahoma"][black][/black][/font]
[font "Tahoma"][black][/black][/font]
[font "Tahoma"][black]FYI If those people that sell the little rags that when put in water expand to a full size rag are there, get some. I bought some last year and will buy some more. They are a little disk and easy to store in a tackle bag or boat. When you need one you just dip it in the water and out pops a nice sized rag for washing slime off your hands. they are pretty strong.One lasts me all day on the pontoon! Can't remember the name of them but hope they are there!!!![/black][/font]
[signature]
wasnt just not having Sportsmans warehouse there. No lowrance, hummingbird, cannon, pro-cure, Shasta, Crystal basin, Quantum, daiwa, and so on most of these places didnt sale out of there booth but if im going to buy product during the year i like to talk to reps at the show and they wernt there. $9 to get in to see all those reps not there was very disappointing.
[signature]
I'm going this afternoon, mostly to hear Wayne Gustaveson speak at 4:30pm about Powell.

So what was there worth seeing?
[signature]
James is there, I just didn't search him out. I'd still say its worth it, but don't expect the kind of deals sportsmans used to have. If you like kokes and trout, the RMT booth alone is worth the price of entry (assuming you're going to buy some tackle and save some money there). I'm sure Maniac has some deals as well. I honestly just got talking to some of the RMT guys and forgot to check out James' booth.
[signature]
Wow it seams like instead of taking my daughter to the ISE, i should just go to Princesses on Ice.
[signature]
I agree on alot of counts....I really miss seeing alot of my friends that are "Factory Reps" with alot of other companies....This being my back yard We would always go out and hang out ...Dinner, Drinks whatever and that won't be the case this year....However I as a Manufacturer from this State wanted Like James from Maniac to see all of you and try and Contribute as much as we can.... and Give the best deals that we can at the same time. The Show has changed and I know ISE is working hard to provide a "High Profile" retailer for future shows in SLC.
Thank You for those who came and visited with us on Day 1 and We Look forward to seeing more of you through out the week.
Take care, Jared Johnson/SockeyeSlayer/RMT
P.S. Bring on OPEN water!!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
I think that the expo has gone down hill since Doug Miller died it's just not the same as it used to be.
[signature]
I'm going today, but mostly for the seminars (as usual). I am also going to see Wayne Gustaveson to get the scoop on Powell for the year. I wonder if having Cabelas as a title sponsor has anything to do with Sportsman's pullout? Anyway, will also be looking for guide services for Canada. Did any of you went notice any?
[signature]
Lots of guide services there. Hopefully one will be able to catch your eye.
[signature]
4 for $10 huh? That is a pretty good deal if you dont count in the fact that you have to pay $9 to get into the stinkin' joint!!! What is up with that? It is like paying $5 to get into Wal-Mart to do your grocery shopping!!! So now it is 4 for $19 is that still a good deal???
TS
[signature]
For me the $9 is the entertainment factor as well. Costs more than that to go to a 90 minute movie by myself.
[signature]