Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Irvine Lake's biggest largemouth
[center][font "Pristina"][green][size 4][cool]From the OC Register[/size][/green][/font][/center]
[font "Pristina"][green][size 4]•Irvine Lake's biggest largemouth bass in eight years was weighed Sunday. Nick Sepulveda, a lake employee, caught the 14-pound, 4-ounce bass in 30 feet near the dam. He used a pumpkin-color 4-inch Berkley Power Worm. [/size][/green][/font]
[font "Pristina"][green][size 4]•The fish, which was released, wasn't a lake record, but it was close. Cliff Snyder of Costa Mesa caught the record, a 14-8, in March 2000 while trying to catch trout. He used half an inflated nightcrawler. His fish was the second 14-pound class bass recorded at the lake in a three-week period.[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Pristina"][green][size 4]•Those largemouth bass swimming around in the bass bin at the Fred Hall Fishing Tackle Show? They weighed up to 12 pounds and came from the lagoon at Lake Castaic. [/size][/green][/font]
[font "Pristina"][green][size 4]•Did you hear about the 19-pound, 3-ounce largemouth caught a week ago? Butch Brown of Castaic caught the fish from — surprise — the lagoon at Lake Castaic. It's the largest bass reported in Southern California this year. [right][Image: fish-on.gif][/right][/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
that is a great report.. [Smile]

but before all you OC'ers get to strutting around tooo much.. dont forget this fish that was caught in a [url "http://www.lakedixon.com/"]SAN DIEGO LAKE[/url] a couple of years back.. as far as I know it could not be recorded as the state record since it had been unintentionally foul hooked.. Ill have to see if I can find the origianl report with pictures of that beautiful fish..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[cool][font "Pristina"][green][size 4]Unfortunately OC can't make a claim for having Lake Castaic within it's border. I recall reading about that big bass caught last year. Understand that the felow who caught it pumped it up with air before he took the pic. When he replaced it in the water it took off like a jet powered boat. LOL[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
...okay...juz cuz ya said that ta mak funnnnnn of my aria fish .. rit chere is da page wit da reeprt on it.. b t w .. it was caut a few yeers er'lir and it stil (whars dem gov'mnt gents??) beeat ya'lls recrd.. so d'ere ya hav it.. [url "http://sdfish.com/index.php/Places-to-Fish-in-San-Diego-County/Lakes/Dixon-Lake.html"]BIG'UN[/url]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[center][font "Pristina"][green][size 4][cool]Getting a little head start on that green beer are you now! LOL[/size][/green][/font][/center]
[signature]
never stopped from last year... [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Aye lad. There is plenty of green beer to go around. Need not ye worry. hic[crazy]
[signature]
I have been trying to get you to come up to my playground at Castaic. Maybe some day.

We need to plan a summer campout. They do have a nice campground where we can pitch a tent and do some night time float tubing for Kittys.[cool]
[signature]
I am sure Castaic is doable.. maybe even that camping trip.. hmmmm night tubing for cats.. sounds like that could be doable.. I got debs on the rojo.. LOL>. ...

..we gots to get one on Laguna Niguel or somewhere like that.. I keep checking my local holes and the tubing is still banned..

I have been doing house chores the last few weekend.. I got to get out and get into the water.. but to do that I still gots to get some rod holders made and figure someting to keep the pockets on the tube upright...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
I have a fix for the pockets. I used to use some of the Rubbermaid brand baskets in them. There are a couple different ones that fit in there just right. you just have to cut a hole in the bottom of one of them for the inflation tube.

I can make you up some rod holders. What brand, type and size are the rods that you use most??

I use a special cut in the PVC for the fly swatters.[cool]
[signature]
[reply]
I have been trying to get you to come up to my playground at Castaic. Maybe some day.

We need to plan a summer campout. They do have a nice campground where we can pitch a tent and do some night time float tubing for Kittys.[cool] [/reply]
From what I've heard camping in september in Idaho is killer. [Image: fish-on.gif]
[signature]
... I have the sage fly swatter.. and then the rest of my rods that I would be bringing along would be my shakespeare ugly sticks.. spinning rigs.. I also like to bring along that shorter shakespear light action rod that bendo put the new line on .. other than that and a place for my net.. Id be set..

.. which rubbermaid baskets are you referring to.. I was thinking of some of their shoebox sized plastic boxes..

MacFly
[signature]
We used to camp on the Rexburg and Ririe ponds over there in December. I was always first to get a hole in the ice and bring up some nice Browns just waiting for a breath of winter air.

I even offered it a nice steaming sauna bath with herbal aroma therapy. You know which one?

Wrapped in aluminum foil and stuffed with wild sage! Yummy![cool]
[signature]
you forgot the beer.. to cook with and to drink while eating that unlucky fish......[sly]

MacFly [Image: fish-on.gif]
[signature]
It was kind of hard to get beer to a Scout camp. I did have room for a small flask of Peppermint Schnapps though.[cool]
[signature]
on a cold night that would work.. if[Image: fish-on.gif]fails you can use it to start the campfire...

MacFly
[signature]
It was a very good fire starter since it was home made and much higher proof then the stuff you get these days.[cool]
[signature]
[center][cool][font "Pristina"][green][size 4]Lighting a cigarette after having a shot of good Irish whiskey can be a bit dangerous.[pirate][/size][/green][/font][/center]
[center][url "http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://dataisdelicio.us/img/fire_eater.jpg&imgrefurl=http://dataisdelicio.us/analtyics/interface_design_versus_utility/sexylytics&h=313&w=339&sz=31&hl=en&start=2&tbnid=ke6mKYWbWFnrBM:&tbnh=110&tbnw=119&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dfire%2Beater%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den"][Image: fire_eater.jpg][/url][/center]
[signature]
peppermint shnapps moonshine.. thats awesome.. heheh

[signature]
ya dont do both at the same time.. first one.. then the other.. lol..

[signature]