Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lowe Sea Nymph ?
I am looking to purchase a 16' lowe sea nymph boat from Cabelas and was wondering if any one has experience with this boat. Would you recomend the 16' or the 14'? Any other info would be helpfull.
Thanks, percheye.
[signature]
I bought a 16 foot one from them last year. It has been a good boat and I like the extra 2 foot for stability. I just wish I would have bought the 9.9 hp instead of the 6hp. I looked at the big lowe boats at the ISE show and was just drooling....
[signature]
I would recomed going with the 16foot. I bought a 16foot Alumacraft from Cabelas last year and the extra couple feet is nice over the 14.

Mark
[signature]
I will tell you to serously consider looking at similar lenght boats made by Smokercraft. Look at their aluminum 157 Superfisherman (15'5") or 15 Alaskan Deluxe (14'11'). They are deep-hulled stable boats. 15 Alaskan Deluxe has a flat floor and split wide middle seats. It is alot of boat for a small price and light boat. It has a max. capacity of 850 lbs. and 35 hp motor, and it only weight 270 pounds, so a smaller motor will propell that thing real good. That is my dream boat, with a 30-35 hp evinrude.[angelic]
[signature]
I have owned a 14' Deep V Smokercraft and it was a very stable boat even in very rough water it was good!!! M.H.
[signature]
I like the idea of a flat bottom v hull boat I will have to check the Smokercraft out. Any dealers near slc?
[signature]
There is a Smokercraft dealer in Orem. The address is:

1305 North 1200 West
Orem, UT 84057
(801) 225-3844
General Manager: Mike Walker

Call them and speak to Mike. He will tell you what they have, and when they are getting shipments. You might even pursuade him to give you a sweet deal, just a little secret. I encourage you to try that if you decide on a Smokercraft.
[signature]