Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how much is your boat insurance?
It is that time of year again for me time to renew my boat insurance.I pay $100 for a year through progressive insurance.And that is for my 1978 16 ft crestliner with 115hp and 8hp engines. Doea anyone pay cheaper if so let me know thanks.
[signature]
I'd be happy with $100 a year. Shoot me pm with your agent info. maybe I can find a better price.
[signature]
Don't feel bad I pay 362.00 a year for my 2005 custom weld.[Sad]
[signature]
I pay $70 p/year. 1984 Bayliner Capri 19'. w/ 4 cyl. 150 hp engine.

I Love my Ins. Agent. He is a broker, so he can quote you from many different companies, then sell you the one that's best for your wants. I've been with him for ~10+ years.

I am pretty sure I just have liability on there.. SO, if I crash it myself I'm out of luck.. But, If I run into your boat.. I am covered.
[signature]
Full coverage and $16/month.[Wink]
[signature]
Boat insurance is like car insurance you get what you pay for, the more add on's you have the more you pay for...

The down side is if you don't carry enough then you have to pay it out of your pocket...
[signature]
Make sure you get plenty of coverage for the tackle and other things inside the boat. If you add up all of the extras it comes to a ton of money. I insure my extras for $5,000.
[signature]
I have the same insurance Progressive and I pay the same, 100 a year for full coverage.
[signature]
if you pay 100 for a year then youre actually paying 8.33 a month. Real cheap!
[signature]
I've been with State Farm forever. My '06 Tracker Targa V16 with 74 hp Merc runs $125 a year with $500 deductible. That covers $16,700 on the boat and $2,000 on the trailer. The medical level is $100,000. It goes down with age, so I guess we're comparable.
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Man $100.00 dollars a year sounds great to me! I just bought a 2007, 17.5 foot Tracker Targa with a 115 hp and I just paid 180.00 for the year! Do you guys think I am getting hosed here or does that sound about right? It comes out to be $15.00 a month and I didn't think that sounded to bad.
[signature]
I pay $260 full coverage new Trophy plus a free towing on the water and off Boats US. Plus all extra gear to $15,000, wouldn't want to pay for all the fishing gear.
[signature]
[size 3][black][font "Times New Roman"]Once again, just when I thought there was nothing more to talk about, we get a new type of post. My (new) boat/motor/trailer pckg was $12,500, and my insurance (with a multi-policy discount thru Farmers) is $222[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Here’s my breakout for my 2007 Smokercraft Big Fish 16 w/ a Merc 40 EFI AND a Minnkota Powerdrive 55:[/font]
[/black][/size][size 3][black][font "Times New Roman"]Watercraft - $500 deductible $93[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Pers Prop - $700 max w/ $100 deduct $18[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Towing & assistance $500 per incident $20[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Pers Liability $100,000 per accident $53[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Medical pymts $1,000 per person $5[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Uninsured watercraft $100,000 per accident $33[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]$222 in total[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Note to self: My pers prop coverage is too low[/font][/black][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Anyone else?[/size][/font]
[signature]
My boat alone is worth 57,000, plus all fishing tackle is probably worth 75,000 to 85,000 coverage for that small amount of insurance. Best thing to do is go to some boat insurances only they diffinetly have cheaper prices, shop around its only time not money.
[signature]
I think you're being hosed. Look at my rates above on a more expensive boat trailer package. Shop around more.
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
I thought your "Medical pymts $1,000 per person $5" was too low...

A broken bone would cost a bit more than this or am I missing something?
[signature]
No, I think you're right. When I got the boat last year, I let my agent pick what he thought were standard coverages. This year, I'll fine tune it. Some components are out of whack.

I may be overpaying here, but if so, I can't imagine getting comparable coverage for less than, say, $175. So this isn't going to drive me to financial ruin.

This is a really good post though. Informative.
[signature]
If anyone is looking at shopping around for insurance I am an Independent Agent and offer insurance through a few companies. I have Progressive, American Modern, Safeco, and a few others. Send me a PM if interested.
[signature]
Yea, thats too much if your just getting liability, if that is full coverage, that is a good deal. I only pay $20.85 a year but I'm insure with Allstate. My boat is the same year and same length as yours but I do have a smaller motor, 80 horse.
[signature]
I pay about $275/year for a 23' cuddy, trailer and equipment. I went with roughly 3X the minimum coverage just so I don't get hosed if there's an accident. I'd rather pay a little more now, rather than a whole lot later if something bad happens. I talked to Allstate, and they have pretty good rates.
[signature]