Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard bay
[Image: poncho_6764.jpg][cool] Monday north dike. Jig and nightcrawler about 15 feet of water.
[signature]
[Tongue]Nice fish poncho

Keep posting,Like the pictures.

Tight Lines

Tony[cool]
[signature]
I see the first 2 fish on the left are walleyes, but those lateral lines on the 3rd fish on the right looks suspiciously like a striper... Or a full-blown wiper.
[signature]
Wiper he is I guess they like jigs and crawlers also.
[signature]
Its a wiper,hey poncho check your private messages.

later,Tony[cool]
[signature]
Nice looking fish poncho, enjoy your dinner tonight!
[signature]
hey ,nice ones!! I can't wait to catch some of those wipers & walleyes myself.Keep on sending the photos poncho!![cool]-TIBBZZ-
[signature]
Well I guess your last time wasn't just luck, after a repeat like that I guess you are a Willard pro. Or at least you are a Willard pro in the making. I know there are people catching walleye at Willard all the time that don't post on our site but you are doing more catching than anyone that is posting. Nice looking fish, what time of the day were you there? WH2
[signature]
I was there between 8:30 and about 1:00 then I got tired of fighting the wind. Wind is nice for drifting but not when your jigging. I tried drifting for a little while with no luck so I left.
[signature]
Wiperslayer and I were there monday also but no luck. Were you in the same area you fished the last time out? I've got to get it in my head that when the wind is blowing I should be on the shore that the wind is blowing to. WH2
[signature]
If the wind is blowing toward the shore, that's the best time since walleyes feed in that area. Food drift right into their mouths. If you are having trouble in the winds and drifting is too fast, then either use a drift sock, or throw the anchor, so your boat stays in that area, and you just simple cast toward the shore. You can use side-planers. This is a must at willard since walleyes are spooked by boat going over their heads.

Another thing, you have to try back trolling... the winds will slow the boat down even more when going backtrolling, so the presentation is perfect. The winds are your best friend so think this way. Walleyes love windy conditions that brings the food in the current.
[signature]