Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lower owens River Fire
[shocked][font "Pristina"][green][size 4]"Firefighters are battling a wildfire along the Owens River south of Chalk Bluffs Road northeast of Bishop, but officials here in Bishop have praised the three fishermen from Orange County who accidentally set the blaze. Well, OK, praise might be a stretch, but the three men made the fire investigators' job much easier by turning themselves in at the Bishop Police Department after their camp stove was knocked over by high winds and ignited the fire Sunday afternoon. More than 1,200 acres had burned by Monday night."[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Some people never think of safety when it comes to fire in a windy condition.[crazy]

At least they did that much farther north from my fishing holes.[cool]
[signature]
Well on a good note, it might make access to the river better in some places...
I remember back when LADWP used to have controlled burns in the area, you could get to spots where fish hung out so much easier.
the brush is so thick in places now the only way you can fish is in a Driftboat, or Tube.
[signature]
I hear you on that one. I usually have to wear thick plastic protecter when I trudge around up there with my wade lites on.

I used to get holes punched in the Neos during colder season up there.[crazy]
[signature]