Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the willow pond
sorry i missed you. hope to have another chance to meet you.

pa
[signature]
It was an interesting day for sure. I got there around 10: and there was Some wind. I started on the South side and caught a couple right out of the gate on the Bruise (black/blue Chironomid). Then I decided to check other spots. Ended up by the TREE where I met up with tlspyder 13 and son. What a great kid (both LOL) We were talking and watched my indicator go up and down but no solid hook up. So, I headed back to the south side. Fly Fishing does have its limits[cool] I caught a few more and one was DEFINITELY a LAKER. Beat up but a Laker non the less.
[Image: Laker3.jpg]
Kept flinging the fly till tlspyder and son joined me. Then he started getting into the fish:
[Image: Spyder2400.jpg]
He caught his first Albino:
[Image: Spyder3400.jpg]
By the way here is the albino taking off:
[Image: Albino1400.jpg]
It was a nice warm day, but a little slower than usual. SBW however kicked a$$ with his bead head fuzzy on spinning/bubble, RIGHT ON!
Pa showed up and we talk for awhile and I scolded him for not bringing his gear.
nkunz showed up around 1 and wet a fly with us, but I had to take off a little before 2. Hope you guys did great, but I know the wind was getting worse.
I will wait and see what happens tomorrow. Like I said rain and snow don't bother me, but WIND![mad]
[signature]
Only bad part of the day was all the wind. It just never stopped. Slowed some but never stopped blowing.

Thanks again for letting us elbow in by you flygoddess and answering all my questions. We both had a great time. Was nice to meet and talk with some other BFT members I had never met.

I think we ended up catching about a dozen fish but the albino was the highlight of the day for me.
[signature]
Going to meet my Drummer there around noon for a couple more hours today.
[signature]
How did it go, sorry I missed it...
[signature]
It was farkin' cold!! Clear sky and sunny...but the north wind ruined any warmth that would've had. I ditched out on poor Pa after only about an hour, because I started shivering...and that was with 3 shirts and a coat on! I even borrowed his gloves, and that didn't help much. Now I know why FlyGodess doesn't like wind.
But, at least I know how to tie a decent knot now, thanks to him Smile
[signature]
Vivid, musta missed you an Pa. Got a call at 11 from G$ who had been up skiing, so I met him at the pond around Noon.
Wind was a howling, but I love a good challenge. Went to the WEST side just a few yards to the south of that inlet.
Put some "STRIKE PUTTY" on figuring it is great for tiny flies or windy days and this qualified for the later. Made a ball a little smaller than a small marble and put a Black/White tungsten bead Chirony on at about 7', with a small 4" tag a foot up in which I tied the Bruise. The Strike Putty really made it easy to roll cast the line out (like putting play dough on your line) however, I think the fish thought it was power bait cause they were smacking it!
I was landing fish every cast for quite a while. In otherwords in the HOUR we were there I probably caught about 15 to 20.
THEN! It happened again (second time with Chironys) Two different colored/size/depth flies and a double. I have had many doubles, but Chironomids...that doesn't happen very often, which means the fish were stacked up top to bottom.

[inline "04 14 08.02.jpg"]

Then it felt as though the temp had dropped 20 degrees and I could no longer feel my fingers. I definitely did not prepare for this, but after all, it was 70 something yesterday.....what the heck happened?!
IT WAS A BLAST! and NO TANGLES! Knock on wood, he, he, he.
[signature]
I got tied up with a nightmare of a house yesterday and couldn't get away. I have to go to slc next monday to pick up concert tickets from u 92 and will stop over on my way back. Hopefully some of you will be there.
[signature]
I left at 10:30, when I couldn't feel my ears anymore Wink
Pa said he caught about 30 in the couple hours before I came. Of course, I got nothin' but moss and weeds... doesn't help that I'm still learning to cast, and can barely get out past 50 feet or so LOL
[signature]
Next monday (21st) I will be off work from 8:30 to 1:00 so lets have another fishing party.
[signature]
That sounds good to me! I will be back from Idaho Sunday...By the way, the big Fly Tying Expo in Idaho Falls this weekend and I am tying all day Friday!
[signature]
Sounds good.[Smile]
[signature]