Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shrimp Bait
So I've been away from fishing for a long time, and now that it's spring, I'm hitting the river again to try and get some cats. I've heard shrimp is a very good bait for them. My problem is, what kind of shrimp. i went to the store, but there were so many different kinds of shrimp, and the lady working the counter was standing right over me staring at me which got on my nerves, so i left. Any suggestions?
[signature]
I fish with shrimp and thats all i use for cats I like to use the 60 to 70 count size but even joumbo works just cut it to fit your hook i like to use 0/2 stainless steel hooks .
[signature]
just wanted to be sure they worked before i went and spent 7 bucks a lb on shrimp...
[signature]
$7/lbs? I don't think I've ever paid that in the store...I go to the grocery store, and buy the big sacks of un-cleaned frozen shrimps for next to nothing...
[signature]
I like chicken liver better for channel cats. Freeze it first, and it stays on the hook.
[signature]
$4/lb at Walmart, frozen. 60-80ct. size.

If it specifies the type, "white" shrimp are usually cheaper. Tiger shrimp are much more expensive buy probably just as good.
[signature]
[fishin] I have seen in supermarket where they sell fish and shrimp, (frozen) they will have a box of shrimp and it will say bait shrimp on the box.
[signature]
I like to get my shrimp at the Oriental markets.

For some reason, it is not washed like the other Shrimp is so it works better for the Catfish.[cool]
[signature]
I go to Wal-Mart, get the large, 30-40 size, raw, not peeled, tail on, $4,89 per pound.

"If you pay $5.00 a pound for bait to catch a fish that cost $2.00 a pound, you just mght be a redneck." Jeff Foxworthy [:/]
[signature]