Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Season is here!!!!!!!
Well everyone, it seems the 2008 fishing season is officially under way! This last little cold snap, and we should be looking at warm weather and an increase in fishing activity. I tried a local pond yesterday, but didn't get a bite. I figure with the front comming through, it turn the all ready slow fishing into no fishing. Maybe it will freeze one last time tonight and wipe out some of the mosquitos and No-Seeums. [Tongue] The water temps are still a little low for panfish, atleast where I was. I didn't even get a nibble. Asside from the great Crappie fishing that is going on around Wateree. [cool]

I noticed the ocean is warming up very nice. Water temps around Murrells Inlet are holding around 62 degrees. But, that's been jumping up and down a degree or two with the changing air temp. There hasn't been much fishing going on to my knowledge, at least not inshore. A buddy of mine went out last week 30 miles and brought back a few B Liners and some nice sea bass. I should make my debue for the year in the next couple of weeks. I've got to pick up a downrigger from the fish doctor himself, then i'll be in business.

Maybe the doc will grace us with a fishing report. (hopefully he'll be able to get a good trip in) I know lately, inshore fishing has been a bummer.

I got my plugs in the boat this past weekend, and the old outboard fired right up and purred like a kitten. I can smell the salt in the air now. The only thing left is to get the seat re-apolstered and air up the trailer tires. I've also got to trace down an issue with my VHF. Other than that, a few minor maintenance issues with fishing equipment and rigs, and i'm ready for the season.

I'm still looking for a galvanized or aluminum boat trailer for a 15' bass tracker. If anyone knows where one is for sale, just reply back or PM me the info.

I hope to hear how everyone else is doing with preperations, and I look foward to another great fishing season!
[signature]
Your right on about that time of year. I got another day off and went out on the lake. I got some new crank bates I want to learn how to use and some plastics. Did not get a hit but my wife got 10 nice crappie with a Smile from ear to ear. She cleaned them and fixed them up for dinner that same day. The wind got to blowing into a bay area we were in and its like to switch was turned on then back off in no time. The water tem was in the upper 50s. Up and down about 3 dg. I had a good day as long as she did. Not much longer I'll be heading to the sea. Miss that salt air...
[signature]
I miss that salt air too. I had originally planned on hitting the ocean this comming weekend, but it's not looking very good. So, I decided to head to Lake Wateree for some crappie/catfishing. I hear both are doing very well in the upper lake. Wateree is deep enough to run my big boat in too, so i'll get a chance to get it in the water for a dry run before heading to the ocean. I'm looking foward to this season. Maybe the lottery ticket I got yesterday will be a winner, i've been counting the cash all morning. LOL
[signature]
You must have gotten the same numbers we got . Tell you what if I win we'll go on a over night on my new yacht to the gulf and the same if you.
[signature]
LOL, Deal. I actually forgot I had a lottery ticket, or I would have brought it with me to work this morning and checked it. I already have my shopping trip planned out. This is a list of my stops: (this could be one of those master card commercials)

1. Chevy Dealer to pick up a 3500 deisel- $48,000
2. Boat dealer to pick up a 28 foot key west- $71,000
3. Gas Station to fill them up- $2,200
4. Bass Pro to equip everything on the boat I want- $28,000
5. Bar to get drunk and celebrate- $5,000
6. Fishing the next morning with a hang over- PRICELESS
[signature]