Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Truth now, Are Stripers eating our Crappie?
Who knows the answer to that question?
Its a Rumor so far.
All the Crappie fishermen are saying the Stripers are eating the Crappie.

Welll, when you aint catching, there's gotta be some good reason for it.

This is Smith Lake near Cullman AL. There are some huge Stripers in this lake. Probably some big Bass too.

So why would the Crappie counts be down if its not the Stripers?[unimpressed]
[signature]
Possibly bad spawns? Good questions.[cool]
[signature]
Could make sense Thudpucker. They eat fish bigger than crappie here on the eastcoast. Try useing a crappie for bait and see what happens. I bet you'll need more than 6lb test.
[signature]
[shocked]"...try using a Crappie for bait"
Hoo boy, these guys are already hopping mad about the low numbers of Crappie.
They call this Lewis-Simth lake, the Dead sea.

If they caught me doing that, they's send me overside with an anchor to look for Crappie.

I'll try Fish n' Game next.
They are around, and so willing to write Tickets, maybe they might be as willing to provide some information?
It would certainly be a slap in the face if they did not know the answer to the question.
They conduct "Shock Net" surveys constantly out here. They say the Data they are collecting wont be useful for years yet.
I'll see, I guess.
[signature]
Here in Utah if you ask the fish & game (DWR) about any thing but trout they give you the run around....
[signature]
I live in Las Vegas and fish lake Mead. Before the introduction of the striped bass this lake had many kinds of fish. Now that the stripers took over there are Some large and small mouth bass a few blue gills catfish and carp. Go catch the stripers and check there gut. Out here they will even eat themselves. Nothing is safe from a striper.

Stripercraze
[signature]
Make sure it is legal to use the Crappie first. I'm in Cali and most of the live species are not legal to use for bait.[pirate]
[signature]