Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help find pictures of bug
Ok I am unsure of the spelling but I am just going to type it in a pronounciation format. It is called a Mouse E bug. The bait store guy told me it was found in pig dung. He said it was popular for crappie and blue gill as a live bait. I have been tying flies to sell to the bait store. So far 30 of my flies are for sale in the local bait shop. I got an ice tip up and well once I sell enough of them I am going to buy a new fly rod.
[signature]
[font "Pristina"][green][size 4][cool]Hi there Santaaa - perhaps you might have another name other than Mouse E Bug. While I studied veterinary science many years ago I don't ever recall that particular name being present in any animal feces. BTW mice weren't included in my studies. LOL - just kiddin.[Wink][/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
nope no other name name for it. It has a white body and some bucktail tied to the back of the hook. Any idea what it could be? Either way I am going to make him some mouse E grubs and sell them to him. I will post pics when I am done but I am using a green chenille and light green bucktail instead of white.
[signature]
[center][font "Pristina"][green][size 4][cool]I guess that Mouse E Bug is the name that the original tier bestowed upon his creation designed after a bug found in swine feces. Now you have given me a task of locating some creature that likes to live in a warm spot. It's moto would be: [/size][/green][/font][/center] [center][font "Pristina"][green][size 4]"Don't make a wave"[Wink][/size][/green][/font][/center]
[signature]
okay, I am not the expert in this areana but this is sure sounding like a dung beetel to me.. sooo with that in mind I did a littel checkign and found this one site .. not sure if it will help but figure it cant hurt any either..

[url "http://www.alaskaflyfishingonline.com/afb/dungbeetle.html"]denali dung beetle[/url]

MacFly
[signature]
[center][font "Pristina"][green][size 4][cool]I don't think they even have wild boars living in Alaska.[/size][/green][/font][/center]
[signature]
..just thought of something else.... but in a fly swap (I think) a few years ago someone tied a small beetle fly with a green line down its back.. .. does anyone but me remember that?? lol..

...edit to post.. it was a yellow stripe down the back but I would swear I have one with a lime green stripe... either way.. here is the link to the website with the particulars on the foam beetle...

hope this helps...

[url "http://www.freewebs.com/macfly55/Fly%20Swap%20Files/FlyTyer10/Fly1Recipe.html"]Foam Beetle
[/url]
MacFly
[signature]
Lynn Scott from B.S. Flies in Idaho tied that one Mac. Awesome fly with a copper john or a chironomid dropper!
[signature]
I don't think there is an original tier as well he said it was a really popular live bait. See how I got started on this is I tied a few random patterns just to see if the fish would go for it. Just filling the fly box with my own creations. I showed the one to the bait store owner and well he said it looked like a Mouse E Bug. He said it was really popular live bait. So I guess I must be the original tier. I am going to get to work on the color variation he wanted. He said they use them for crappie and blue gill. He definitly said it was a popular live bait. I just wish I could find one as well it would help to have a picture of it. Otherwise I am going to make it just like the other one except green chennille instead of the rainbow chennille I used. I am going to ask the guy more about this bug next time I see him. Since it is a bait shop and it is supposed to be popular maybe he carries them and I can trade him my fake ones for the real deal or maybe even just get a lead on them.
[signature]
... I rememvbered that one from the first bft fly swap we did.. that is why posted the link to it.. maybe it will help..

MacFly
[signature]
thanks for posting. I hope you don't think I am upset. I was just explaining that i was told it was live bait. If you thought I was upset I apoligize. I am just really curios as to what I accidentally imatated. I made a green version like I was asked to do and I will post it as soon as I get a picture. Probably tomorrow.
[signature]
nothing to apologize for.. from your recent post it looks like I misunderstood the question.. I thought you were asking for way to tie it. .not a picture of it to compare with what you already tied... either way if you find a picture of the live bug Id love to see it.. and Id love to see what you tied that looks like it... like you, I am always curious.. :-)

MacFly [Image: fish-on.gif]
[signature]