Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
farmington pond fast action
went up there yesterday with the wife about 200 pm drove up to see fish coming out of the truck going into the lake. wife is new to fishing so she wanted to go to the spot the truck was at. she put eggs below a float,and got 10 fish in about 5 mins.I use a gold spinner that I make and hooked in to 7 in about 20 min. we put all but one back(it was hooked in the gills)and moved up to where the creek comes in so I could throw a fly or 2. wife put on power bait hoping to make a meal out of the one that we did get.I hooked into 3 more and she hooked 2 so we did have fish for dinner.would have rather had catfish or walleye. but in all it was fun,for only fishing for a few hours
[signature]
Haven't fished farmington pond in a while, but we used to have a lot of success in the canyon using little flies, they were black with a red spot in the middle, usually tied on a #14 hook. Sure glad your wife was able to have some fun.
[signature]
How do you get to Farmington pond?
[signature]
To get to Farmington Pond you go into the center of town then turn north on 100 east and go past 600 north like your going up Farmington Canyon. Go about a half a mile past 600 north on first east to a gate on the west side of the road and turn west to Farmington Pond.
[signature]