Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge Information
Thanks IFG! I have used everything you mention with the exception of Buzz bombs. I usually look for fish holding near the structure and then drop some form of jig on top of them. I have been fishing a little closer to the bottom than you have. I only come up more than three feet if I see fish holding at two to three feet from the bottom. I'll have to come up a little more. I like the channel right off of Lucerne point, the gravel humps, and the single hump along the wall. I haven't fished hideout at all. I'll have to make a run over there. I've got a copy of Ray Johnson's map and the Fishin Guide map for the lake. I keep going to it and looking for structure from the maps.

I can catch Lakers consistantly, they just don't have the size to them. I stumbled across a 17.5lb. at Fish Lake through an 8" hole in the ice and I'm still trying to top that one. Probably caught 20 between 5 and 10lbs. Hundreds 5lbs. or less.

I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes. The weather still looks like it will give me a break. Thanks again for the help.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Flaming Gorge Information - by Curtisfish - 04-24-2003, 10:51 PM
Re: [IceFishingGod] Flaming Gorge Information - by Curtisfish - 04-25-2003, 03:38 PM