Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boat Covers
Where is a good place to buy a boat cover. I have looked at Cabelas, BassPro, and a few online places. I want one that will last..
[signature]
Sugar House on State St in Midvalle
[signature]
overtons.com or iboats.com has good selections of all the goods.M.H.
[signature]
Check my response to ocean in this same forum today.
[signature]
I highly recommend The Canvas Shop in SLC.
[signature]
[black][size 3]While you're shopping, you might look for a cover made from the Sunbrella fabrics. I understand it's far superior to other materials.[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]

[size 3][/size]
[signature]
So what is going to be better a canvas cover or a cover made with polyester type material like the sunbrella. About how much will a cover cost from the canvas shop?
[signature]
I bought one from Kamapart for about $100.00 about 6 yrs. ago & it's still holding up just fine. I kinda screwed it up in a couple spots this winter when shovelling a big snow load off it but I'm betting it'll go another year or two. It isn't the type I'd try travelling with though.

Hope this helps.
[signature]
I bought one of those polyester type storage/travel cover for my boat for $70 at Bass Pro. When I checked on a custom made one that is similar but made with canvas it was near $400. I also found some heavy vinyl material, the type that is used for advertising, I use it to cover the boat in the winter. For a piece that is 42x17 feet, I paid a little over $100 a couple of years ago. It was big enough to cover my motor home and my boat after I cut it. It does have advertising on one side but it is very durable material.
[signature]