Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boat Transducer Care
Thought I would post some of my lessons learned to maybe save someone some money. A couple years back I was having problems with my fish finder. I thought it was starting to die. I updated the software, cleaned all contacts, and finally got to the transducer on the boat. It was chipped and covered in an oily grime. The transducer turned out to be my problem. Over the years of use it has been out of the water more than it has been in. I like to fish all areas, and gravel roads are killers. When I cleaned the transducer, and used it again, the fish finder still didn't work properly. With enough trailering, the rocks had broken something internal. I ended up buying a new transducer. These, unfortunatley, are not cheap.

My solution is this, I take 2 old socks, and pull the elastic part of the sock over the toe so it is doubled. I then put one sock over the transducer where your foot would go. Then do the same thing with the next sock. This will give you 4 layers. Then steal one of the wifes hair elastics, these are the best and longest lasting I have found, and put it over the whole transducer so it will gather the socks up right at the attachment point to the boat. This will help keep the oily road grime and rocks from costing you fishing time.
[signature]
Good advice now tell me how do you keep a dog from chewing your transducer up!! [pirate]
[signature]
Get the dog a toy that doesn't look like a transducer.
[signature]