Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wellman’s • Oscoda
Wellman’s • Oscoda
They are very busy catching steelhead off the pier as they are just starting to move up the river. Perch fishing Good above the Dam on Cook Pond, however No Good on Foot Pond as the water is to cold. Smelt have been reported around AuGres so should be any day now.

Wellman’s • Oscoda • Johnny DiPazza • 989-739-2869

STEELHEAD – Good off Pier

PERCH – Above the Dam

SMELT – Spotted around Au Gres (spelling?)
[signature]
i thought i saw this post a while ago . i met bobby brown who is one of wellmans workers . the guy and i talked nonstop for about an hour last night . i'll be keeping in contact with him .

he's one of thoes guys ya' just can't help to like .

i plan on stopping there from now on , the guys there are just a great bunch of people he says .
[signature]
I guess ya did see that post a while ago, I checked the date on that post and it says april [Tongue]

did your new buddy lay an up date on ya?

them chinooks gotta be gettin ready to rome up the river. any counts in the bay or off the board walk there in oscoda?
[signature]
the boats are coming back earlier with there limits and his workdays are longer he said , only a few are being taken off the pier right now , none in the river yet . the west side is really heating up . one of the guys i know said he saw them going up a river in schools of a hundred at a time from his boat . the river has to remain a secret thou , that was his one condition of his information.

the east side of the state is always the last to run , all due to rain and temps . the cold comming down from canada and that minisota rain really sets the west side off !
[signature]