Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pop-Gear help
I'm just getting started on creating some of my own Pop-Gear. I have ordered all the goods that I think I need. I was just wondering if anyone has any tips or pics of some pop-gear that they have made. I searched through the posts and couldn't find anthing about Pop-Gear at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
-HookJaw-
[signature]
Thanks a lot for all of your input, I will use all of the tips and tactics that you have described. With all of this information, I am well on my way to making some killer Pop-gear. Thanks Again,
-Hookjaw-
[Tongue]
[signature]
Matt, I have never made my own popgear but i did watch HFT make some when he had the store open, ya might want to pm him and he can give you some pointers. PETTY
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey Matt, sorry I didn't check in on this one. But, I have never made or used the stuff. I DO make a lot of spinners and I work a lot with wire...making all kinds of spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, wire harnesses, etc.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The key is knowing the colors of blades and the sizes you want. Then come the beads and spacers. After that you need to buy the kind of wire that works best. There are a lot of different sizes and that can affect the performance.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Some places will try to sell you a high priced wire forming tool. If you have a good pair of round-nosed pliers, you can make your own loops...as good as a wire form tool.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you and Tyler and anybody else wants to have a wire forming class some time, let me know and I can show you the basics. After that you can just get as creative as you want.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I make a ton of different kinds of spinners and I probably use them about 1/4 of the time I go fishing. Most of my fishing is with jigs. Tyler can tell you whether or not my spinners work.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
i make some popgear for mac fishing.. i get most every thing i need from barlows.. well that is except the blades.. i make them my self.. you can use downriger cable and cable clamps craft beads for the bodys.. make sure to buy good ballbearing swivles not the cheep ones... popgear are easy to make..
[signature]
If you do a basic wire class let me know. If i can make it I'll be there .
[signature]
UMMMM what is popgear, never heard of it?
[signature]
they are a string of blades on a cable. some have 2 blades some have a lot more..

my Mac blades or popgear have 6 blades 3, 6 inch blades and 3, 4 inch blades.. on a string about 6 foot long each blade is a foot apart..

here are some pic's
[signature]
O ok now that i seen them i know what they are. I made some for one of my customers before but he did not call them Pop-Gear. Cant remember what his exact word for them were but anyway thanks for the insight and pictures.

BTW holly crap that last one on you post had some massive willows. what size where those blades and what do u fish for??? whales???? lol just picking [:p]
[signature]
believe me them blades are very big. thats why i make them my self you can not buy blades that big made out of alum.. but i have caught 1 lb rainbows with them.. and i have caught 20 lake trout with them as well.. i have seen up to 50 lb lake trout cought on them as well.. i just have not got that lucky yet with mine.. lol

they are an attracter of fish.. and behind them you can run a worm, minnow, spoon, flat fish, squid,leach, fly's, or what ever catches fish..

some day's they can't be beat for trout fishing..
[signature]
thats good to know, Me and my buddy go trolling a good bit and i may make up a few of them. We have a lake close buy that has big browns and lake trout in it. Also some monster Stripers. I guess we will just wait and see how well these thinks work for me.
[signature]