Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to bigfishtackle
hey i am new to this site... i have been fishing a lot in the last year and a half. I go to The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey. We have three small lakes on campus, they used to be old cranberry bogs. I catch mainly bass and pickerel. I'm looking for some tips to make the bass bite more
Welcome aboard and thanks for the question.

We have many Bass anglers here and we are all willing to give tips and tricks.

I will move this to the Bass board so that everyone has a chance to welcome you as well as give you some tips.[cool]
[signature]
Now that we are in the right spot for all to help, we can start getting you to catch some nice Bass.

Water temperature and clarity will have a lot to do with selection of colors for your lures or artificial baits.

Time of day along with water temperature will determine where you fish them in the water column.

Please give us some information on these ponds.

How deep? What color water? Air temp? Water temp?

This will help us a lot to help you.[cool]
[signature]
Welcome to BFT. As TubeN2 stated if you let us know some more info we can help. This time of year their prespawn and you can use jerkbaits and jigs to get a hit. MUST be fished slowly or dead sticking. Look for trees in the water or gravel bottoms. If it's a deep pond they will be holding in deeper water this time of year.
[signature]
the lakes are mostly shallow like 5-6 feet deep at the most. the water color is relatively clear. the air temp is normally 50-60 degrees this time of year, and water temp is around 45 at the most ( this is an estimate from a buddy who went in for a lure)
[signature]
I would recommend lighter colors in that clear water.

You could go with suspended, topwater or even weighted jerkbaits.

Dropshotting could prove to do good too. Try to tie off at 18inches for the dropshot.

Let us know if you need any more tips. We have plenty to share and we don't charge either.[cool]
[signature]