Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gotta fish the north shore for trout....
Soon the steelhead will be running and the fishing is good up here. The Brook trout are amazing as well. Here in Nipigon in most waters you can't keep a Brookie unless it is 22 inches or bigger.
[signature]
22" is a nice brook trout. Sounds like fun. We have a lot of size restrictions for trout in my parts too... but, not for brookies. What is your biggest brook trout?
[signature]
Hey bkidder.
My personal best Brookie was almost 26", however my biggest was actually a really fat 24". I once had one on ice fishing that would not fit through my 8" hole and I ended up losing it. Some times I can't sleep at night thinking about the one that got away. ha ha.
Do you like Brook trout?
[signature]
Yeah, Brookies are a nice fish. They fight good, taste good, and have cool coloring (especially during the spawn). Here in the west there has been a real push towards native fish. Some of our best brookie waters have actually been poisoned to rid them of brook trout (they aren't native here). In there place they have planted cutthroat trout. Cutts are cool too, but I would prefer brookies by a long shot. But, I suppose restoring native fisheries is important too! LOL
[signature]
I would love to catch a 22 inch brookie.
[signature]