Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rod wrapping
does anybody have a rod wrapping machine that they would like to sell or trade? i would love to learn how. even some tips on how to do it would help. not necessarily a machine.

Joe
[signature]
[cool]Tom Kirkman's "how to" book generally receives rave reviews from beginners. It's available at most tackle shops that sell rodbuilding supplies or check the BFT advertisers.

If you can't find a used one...

I built my first stand from 1/2" x 4" wood. Lined the V notches with velvet & off I went.[Wink]

Cabela's sells a very nice hand wrapper (no motor) for $100. I've used one for the last 15 years & have been very happy with it. I would go with something a bit more substantial if you want to go motorized, tho.

I recently purchased a Pac Pay Rodsmith power wrapper for $300. VERY nice for the hobbyist. Drying motor is included & it's really simple & convenient to use.

Good luck! Welcome to the addiction. Once you start rolling yer own you'll never go back![Wink]

Fishslayer
[signature]
thanks fishslayer!

"once you start rolling your own, you'll never go back" funny stuff!!!

joe
[signature]
I use the basic flex coat hand wrapper. just a stand that holds 2 spools of thread and an extra stand to support the rod. It's only about $50. check ebay. they are there also. i set up a drying motor with a rotisorie motor. i have something stuck in the hole that would turn the spit and tape it to the butt and use a single support for the rest of the rod. Lowes has a light that has a stand and a clamp. it is a 60 watt with a magnifying glass - very handy. Good wrapping.[Wink]
[signature]
[cool]MAGNIFIERS! Absolutely! I bought a pair of the magnifying reading glasses shortly after I purchased my first spool of "A" Metallic. thread Wink Amazing how much easier life is now. Quality of my work went WAY up.

I really want one of those magnifying lamps...

Fishslayer
[signature]
Oh, did I mention, the magnifying lamp at Lowe's is $20. That's right, just $20, so go to Lowe's before midnight to night..............and you'll sl[cool]eep just fine.
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 2]Here is a link to mud hole it has a lot of info. on rod building and videos [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]to look at. [/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2][url "http://www.mudhole.com"]http://www.mudhole.com[/url][/size][/font]
[signature]