Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twin Lakes Forebay 4-5-08
Up in Leaville this weekend mainly to ski but figured I ought to check out the Twin Lakes Forebay. Most everything is still iced over up that high, but since Forebay is a pump back storage reservoir and the water levels constantly fluctuate, it was completely ice free.

I only had a little over an hour on Saturday morning to fish as Copper/skiing was the main reason I was up and as you guys may have picked up on, I'm not exactly a morning person[sly].

But it still turned out well. I got three rainbows on the flyrod from shore. My rig was a strike indicator with a big green fly about eight feet down and a little pheasant tail trailing. One bow was considerably darker so I figure it had be a native while the other two were stockers. No pics of the fish though. It was too cold to hold a fish and I just used my pliers to release them without taking them out of the water.

Good to get back there and beautiful area. Expect more reports from here later and hopefully with some big native brown pics and probably some macks too! A couple scenic pics are attached (using phone-camera).
[signature]
Great report. That lake is in the most beautiful settings in the state. Good luck with the browns and macs this year. That is my home town also.
[signature]