Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rifle Gap
My family and I fished Rifle for a couple of hrs. (mostly to try out my new trolling motor) I picked up 5 pike from 2-6 pounds fishing Husky Jerks near the inlets. Weather was on and off wind and snow and the lake is almost at full pool. The pike fishing is still out a week or two.
[signature]
Thanks for the report, Kevin. We should hit Rifle together this Spring for pike (along with another place or two I can think of)!

How do you like the Terrova??
[signature]
Yea sounds like a plan. I'll let you know when it turns on. Pound per inch I think these are the biggest pike I've ever seen. So far I like the Terrova A LOT, I haven't got the co-pilot yet but it should be here today or tomorrow.
[signature]
Nice report and thanks for the info.

I ought to be out that way in couple weeks to visit some family in Rifle and a friend in Glenwood. That's what I'm saying at least, but the real reason is to get into some of those Pike! How's Rifle Gap for float tubers? Does it get very windy?
[signature]
The wind can be insane especially in the afternoon. But most of the time it can be fished from a tube. Harvey is another place to go and it may be a little better for a tube. It has a 20 horse limit on motor boats which makes it a little more tuber friendly. Not to mention there is a better chance at getting a pike in the 35 to 40 inch class IMO. There are some brutes in there it's just not as "fast" as Rifle most of the time. Not to mention the perch,crappie and large mouth bass fishing can be out of controll at times. When I'm in my tube or toon that's where I go.
[signature]