Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview tiger and trout
[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1]Started with FC on the ogden to some willing fish on dries. Caught a few, lost a few but had a blast. Tyler had to leave so i decided to go see how much open water was at the view.
I stopped on c. point and looked at anderson cove. There is about 400 yards of open water. The wind was coming from the north and it was calm along the bank so i decided to try for a tiger or stray bass. The fourth cast my rod stopped and i thought i had hit bottom or a snag. It came loose and i saw the swirl of a big fish! I casted immediately to the same spot and hooked a 32" tiger musky![Smile] First softy of the year and very healthy. Got 2 pics and released it. WHEW! that felt good. [cool]
I fished the area for about 20 more minutes and decided to head east a bit. I was fan casting and walking about 20 yards at a time. I picked up my tackle and walked about 300 yards to the east to some shallower water. First cast i caught a stick. Made the ticker skip a beat. Second cast FISH ON! The first time it jumped i thought it was a huge bass. The second time it jumped i about came out of my skin! It was a trout and a big one at that.[shocked] I begged and pleaded to the fish gods to stay hooked and it worked. I got it to the bank and fell to my knees. It was a 25" 7 to 8# bow!!![Smile][Smile] I couldn't believe it. Lightning does strike twice. 10 years ago i caught a 32" brown in the same arm. Now it just needs to ice off the rest of the way. I need some more of that. The bow came home with me for a ride to the taxi. $380 later he will be on the wall. I am not going to tell the lure i used. More research needs to be done on it before i let the cat out of the bag. I will tell you it had pro-cure scent on it.[Wink] Hopefully i can get the tiger pics off my phone. I got some pics of the trout with the digital after i got home. Enjoy.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][inline "pineview cutt3.jpg"]

[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
nice job brody. that is a hog trout. first open water tiger. thats looking prommising.
[signature]
If we can't find a musky I'd settle for one of those trout.[Wink] Can't wait to fish for the muskies up there.
[signature]
Nice day.Nice size trout.
[signature]
I gotta make sure it wsn't a fluke, i am heading back up today.[sly]
[signature]