Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone willing to rent a small boat April 23rd-26th??
I know that a boat can be a man's best friend, and if that is true, this post is not for you.

My dad, brother and I have three days to fish my favorite Utah spots before spending the summer in SoCal with nothing to do but deep-sea fishing (and 50-60 hour work weeks). I sold my little boat because of this move and was thinking about renting a canoe for three days.

But I would much rather have a small boat with a small engine and thought I would post.

I am in Provo and would need to pick up the boat on the 23rd and would return it the night of the 26th. I am really just looking for a small aluminum boat with a motor that works that I could rent for $50-100 for those few days. I don't want a nice expensive boat - just a small one that will do the job.

We are planning on Otter Creek, the Fish Lake loop of lakes (MM, Forsyth at least), maybe nine mile and then open water at Scofield. Will be back that Saturday evening.

I have owned a few boats and I promise to take care of it and to pay for anything that might possibly happen.

If this is in the wrong section mods, feel free to move it.

Call me at 801 360 1003 or PM me.
[signature]
Try posting on KSL or Craigslist, someone may bite. I'd let you take mine but I...ummm...I just sold it. Ya, that's it, I sold it [Wink]
[signature]
Congrats on the sold boat, I think. I was debating where to post this or if I should just buy a cheap one that I could transport down to California. I thought i would try here first among my fellow fishermen.

But I might have to try posting somewhere else or buying.
[signature]
I got one, shoot me a pm.[Wink]
[signature]
That's pretty nice of you, Brody. Oh, and I didn't sell my boat, I think I'd lend out my **** before my boat [shocked].
[signature]
I have received some very generous offers and wanted to say thanks. Sure are some generous, true outdoorsmen on this forum.
[signature]
Good plan, but that is just about the time I myself will be heading out for a 3-4 day Gorge trip. And I will definitely need my small but beautiful and fully funtional boat for some serous angling, I tell you what.[Smile][Sad] [Image: fish-on.gif]
[signature]
Since it looks like you have found a boat I'll move this to the boat and motor section. You do know that Scofield will not likely be ice free by then right?
[signature]
Thanks for moving it to the right section. Are you sure Scofield will be open water by then? Last year the ice cover didn't come off until May 2 and this year has been much much colder.

I was just hoping to hit the open water pockets with egg sacks and minnows for spawners and tigers. What do you think?
[signature]
My other option for the trip was Pineview to Birch Creek to FLaming Gorge - but I thought that would be too much traveling for the pops and I didn't think the koke's would be out enough yet. A few reports could change my mind still.
[signature]