Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Braids which one
I am setting up a new swim bait rod, and am looking to put Braid on it. I have never used the stuff so I am wondering what you all recommend. So far I was either thinking P-Lines Spectrex IV or Suffix. But I am open to suggestions. I was looking at the 50# class as it is close to the 12# line diameter. It will most likely be spooled on a Shimano Cardiff 300A ,but that to is still being looked into. The rod is a Okuma Guide Select 7'6" MH swim bait rod rated 1/2 -5 oz. and 12-25 lb.

Thanks
Majja
[signature]
Power Pro
[signature]
I use fireline as well as powerpro. Both are good lines.
[signature]
Aside from the higher test ratings, what are advantages of braid? Thinner diameter makes it easy to cast far?

I'm throwing 6, 8, and 10 pound mono out of spinning reels and am new to fishing. From what I can tell, I have no real need to use braid. A friend keeps telling me to buy Fireline. Should I listen to him?
[signature]
Absolutely nothing else but 100% Superbraid PowerPro Braided line. Can never go wrong.

For your setup, 15-30 lbs. test would be good, because it is only 4-8 lbs. diameter. Big fish will hit swimbaits, you can fight them good with PowerPro.
[signature]