Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
very confused
ok maybe im seeing things but i oftein find or see people just haveing rope or chain a hook and tie it off to something? what is this used for? and how exactly can one catch a cat on it if there is no way to tell there is one on there? am i just crazy or do ppl actuly use there? thanks

G-dane
[signature]
Bush hooking is very effective for catfish. I've never seen chain used, but I use to tie bush hooks back in the day using nylon cord. I always tied the cord to a nice, springy limb so when the cat tried to take off, the limb gives enough to keep the fish on the line. You'll know when A big cat is hooked, because he will raise hell, pulling the limb into the water, shaking it, making all sorts of racket. I usually tied bush hooks at night along the bank, as big flat heads usually move to the shallows at night to prey on small fish like bream and perch.

I hope this answers your question!
[signature]
yest his helps a ton thanks, yes it was very od i was fishing one morning in my usual spot and noticed a chain tied to a tree and an odd looking o most car part used for wight and a hook on it, so clearly this fellow didn't know how to properly do it.

G-dane
[signature]
What kind of hook do u put on these lines? any whight?
[signature]
I usually use like a 7/0 Kahle hook or circle hook. Circle hooks are probably the most popular, and for good reason. Once a fish is hooked with a circle hook, they are hooked. They track to the corner of the jaw every time, and prevent gut hooking so you can release the fish unharmed if it is too large to keep and have quality meat; or if you just want to practice catch and release.
[signature]