Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battery
I need to buy a new battery for my boat where is the cheapest/best place to buy one?
[signature]
Are you looking for a starter or trolling battery, or something else?
If you want a trolling battery, I recommend Stowaway Deep Cycle Marine batteries. You can pick them up for around $50.00 at Sam's Club or Costco, I think. You can't go wrong with them. They have plenty of current for up to 6-8 hours of trolling.

I have two of them, and when I am out for a long time, I jus charge them up in the night with a generator. I wouldn't go for the expensive ones that have outrageous claims for durability and power. Stowaway is about as good as it gets. That is my opinion.

I would also reccomend Stowaway for starter batteries too. Just check the water level and charge them before you head out, and you will not have problems.You could probably also find Stowaway in Auto parts stores or warehouses.
[signature]
It will be for my trolling motor so that is good to know. I just didn't want to buy $100 battery when a $50 one is just as good. Thanks I will have to go to Costco and pick one up.
[signature]
There is a recent thread addressing your question:

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=399772;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread"]Link to thread:[/url]
[signature]
Thanks for the link it really helps answer my questions. Looks like the Maxx battery form walmart is a good deal and like they said you can replace them at any store which is like every other block here in Utah.
[signature]