Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BEAR LAKE (report)
Just got home from the big Bear and it other things on its mind today other than fishing!!B.L.M and I launched from State Park Marina at 6:30 headed for Cisco,the water a little choppy on the way over.Started jigging 100' or so marked a few fish on the sonar,then all hell broke loose,first some wind with rain,then some strong wind with snow,then stronger wind with snow.We did manage to boat a few "guppy cutts" then decided to head for the other side,rockpile area.we jigged 88' for a while with no luck,moved around looking for marks on the sonar nothing,then we also tried just out from the marina without any luck!And I will tell you that new boat of his"BAD ATTITUDE"that is somthing else!!I have NEVER been on water like that,but it handled them 4-5'swells just like a caddy down the highway"nice ride"[Wink].The only reason we did not catch any big fish is we forgot the net!! So we will get them next time!!"BIG FISH RULE"M.H.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Ya, it was quite a ride across yesterday. Pretty big water and strong winds.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]If I was going to go fish Bear Lake right now I would stick to the rocky areas. I don't think depth has too much to do with it. We fished in 114 ft and above and caught fish and there were two guys in a truck (a nice warm place in that snow and wind to watch your rods from) on the north end of Cisco, just south from Rainbow Point, that were casting out bait and they caught a couple fish. The sandy flats on the west side aren't holding fish right now.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Don't those fish know that they are supposed to stay in the same place year around? They should learn to follow the rules. My last two trips up there I was unable to find them on the west side, so they must be hiding in the rocks somewhere.
[signature]
[:/] Hope you have a little better luck next time MH & BLM - sounds like you had a little bit of everything weather wise. BLM's boat sounds like it is ready to take on the lake in all kinds of weather.
[signature]