Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
surf fishing virgin
i have never gone before, what do i need to know?
i just picked up 10ft penn cv8000 w/ 20lb test
got some 4oz sinkers..

how about hooks, rigs, setups?
[signature]
That is a nice smooth reel you have[Smile] Look for where the waves start to break the surf. You want to try to get just past where 2 waves start beside each other. If you see the waves breaking the same place all the time that where to shoot for. During the incoming and out going tides are the best time to fish. But what the heck...any time fishing is a better day then working..haha. Depending on what kind of bait you are using depends on how you rig up your line. A 4oz. tri-angled sinker is the best as it will not roll in the surf as bad. The best all around rig I use is the sinker on bottom and your bait line about 15" up from that. But also try putting your bait about 30" past your sinker so it floats in the surf. Hope the helps a little as there is a ton of stuff we could wite on this subject. GOOD LUCK!!!
[signature]
thanks for the info and reply. so is early spring and late fall the best time to go around NJ, Md, DE shores?
[signature]
What do you want to catch my friend?

How Big?

Easier to talk gear after we know what you are after.

Deaver
[signature]
jl,
One can write a book on Surf fishing. You definitely need to be very specific on what you want to catch.
[signature]
sand crabs and ghost shrimp are pretty good baits to use in the surf.
[signature]