Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turkey Hunting in Ohio
The Turkey season gets under way this week in Southeastern Ohio. Here on our farm we can hear the gobblers calling already. Now the hunters call join in as a record number of Turkeys are expected to be bagged during the extended season lasting until May 25. The hill sides are all homes to some of the Dumbest Birds around. Just thought the hunters in surrounding areas might be interested. McArthur Ohio will hold its annual Wild Turkey Festivial on May 1, 2, 3, & 4 for added fun during the season.
[signature]
hi windy ! the last wild turkey festival i went to was at deercamp LOL after the hunting was done of course !

thanks for the info , i'll let my friends down there know !
[signature]
hi guys ours started up here too can you guys only hunt till noon??? that,s all we can. i guess the turkys fended pretty good over the winter. i,m surprised with all the crusty snow we had hard for the deer small game and turkeys. seen some pretty good size ones, course before turkey huntin started haha ain,t that always the way. but they are stupid haha the turkeys i see on the mountain at deer season walked so close to me i could of thrown a stone 6 ft and hit em. boy did i want to pkug one but i didn,t haha hey what,s a turkey festival?? nevetr heard of one haha. must be fun! sounds its anyways later [Smile][Wink][cool][laugh][laugh]
[signature]
WE CAN HUNT THE WHOLE DAY , MERE . WE HAVE SO MANY BIRDS THAT MOST THE GUYS AROUND HERE USE A BOW OR BLACK POWDER TO GIVE THEM A SPORTING CHANCE . SOME DAYS WE MAY ONLY SEE TWO OR THREE OF THEM , OTHER DAYS THERE'S A HUNDRED OF THEM IN YOUR YARD . FRIDAY NIGHT WE HAD 5 DEER IN THE BACK YARD MOWING OUR GRASS FOR US . WINTER WAS HARD ON THEM THIS YEAR , THEY WERE PRETTY DARN BONEY TO LOOK AT .
[signature]
have you guys seen our new hunting site?

[url "http://www.Theoutdoorlodge.com"]www.Theoutdoorlodge.com[/url]

they have a board just for turky hunting.

[url "http://www.theoutdoorlodge.com/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.cgi?s=3eb56b8a6e9dffff;act=SF;f=18"][#000033]Turkey Hunting[/#000033][/url]
[signature]
[laugh]hey dave yeah, i did but i don,t quite know how to use it yet haha i asked that guy bout his dogs and he ain,t writ me back yet. so i don,t know if i did it right. haha later mare. i guess i,m patial to this one cause i signed up here first and i like it! haha i,ll git there though later mare[Smile][Wink][cool]
[signature]
hey, that,s cool. i don,t know why we can,t hunt the whole day. black powder, with shot or the bullet??? i,d like to hunt with my 22. i got the rossi, 410, they say i can,t use it but i don,t know why. they say i can use a 20 gauge. i know i got to be closer but my little 410 shoots as fer as my 20 guauge did, cause it,s got a short barrel and spreads better i think. i love it. haha how i laughed when i first shot it ya would figure a little one like that would have such a good kick. haha that 22 is right on!! i finally got to shootit, i just lift up and it,s there.!! haha probably they don,t want too many shot that why we can,t hunt all day.i dont, think the state figures their as hearty as they are. they fend pretty good over the winter. this is one of the worst winter we,ve had in oh the last 8 years.as far as crust and alot of snow. those stinkin fisher cats they put out take a toll on a lot of our small game. if i see one of them it,s goin down,. they,ve taken almost all my squiells. in all the areas me an cliff use to hunt em. and we,d leave a good many. we never over hunted. rabbits are gone round here. their use to be plenty on my mountain. red squirells even. partridge, they use to live in my back yard.i liked the turkeys and deer in your backyard that,s cool. i had em too. well the old pasture where all my ponies were is pretty much growed up now but i know the deer and turkys come in there cause i find their droppins. i just dont, see em much. well will catch up with ya in a bit. take care jack and i went to the swap meet yesterday. had fun , my son went too. [cool][Smile]
[signature]
NoDave I had't looked at the new site. I willk do that now. Thanks for the info. I have only seen a few since the season started but I caan har thm deep in the ravine belw the house. They may be dumb birds but they sure know how to hide when the seasn comes in. Luckily we havetwo xtra 2 weeks this year. I'll get some food in that time. I enjoy hunting but only for food. Of course since it is turkey season, the deer are driving us out of oour own yard. They love newly mowed grass. We spot them both day and night but wait until October and they hide well also.
[signature]