Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firewall grommets or equivalents...
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I'm running cabling & wires on my boat and having to drill holes (with hole saws) through aluminum plate (1/8" or less). I need some grommets to protect the wires from abraiding on the aluminum. The holes have been deburred nicely but I also would like that finished look. What sizes are there? Where can someone buy these? Thanks to all for any info...[/size][/font]
[signature]
just a guess off the top of my head radio shack ?

aquaman
[signature]
What size holes did you drill?? If you make them for standard 1/2" electrical conduit then the choices are endless and readilly available at any home center. If you want to run a continuous conduit raceway then pm me and I will give you a hand.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I haven't drill any holes yet. Plan first, saw second. I have one hole in the boat that was already cut when I bought the boat. I'm just going to run the cabling for the new fishfinder so the holes should be about an inch to allow the plugs to go through. Besides with other things I'm sure to do to the boat, a good source of these grommets when you own an aluminum boat is a must! Thanks, I'll check Home Depot's electrical department.[/size][/font]
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] Hey BLM, what size holes are you making? I will check my supplies at work I might be able to get you some. I will let you know tommorrow night.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]You tell me what you can get and I'll drill to the required sizes. I need about and inch ID. I will need to measure the hole that's already drilled for a size. I'll get back with you.[/size][/font]
[signature]