Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Downriggers and small boats
Ok this is for all of you using ot that have used Downriggers on your small aluminum boats. How did you mount them, which ones do you recommend or just go with the small clamp on models? They will be used for the occasional trip fishing for Koke's and Mac's.

Thanks
Majja
[signature]
Do you have pole holders on your boat, the kind that is used to hold your pole while trolling? I use the base of the pole holder to mount my downrigger. At least I did on the smaller aluminum boat I had. I know the rod holder was Attwood, I think the rigger was the same. If you want I'll look and see what the brand name is.
[signature]
On my 14' aluminum I used the Walker mini laker clamp on style and they were great with the rod holder included for abou 88 bucks. When I clamped them on i would use a 1x4x4 on each side of the boat for stabilty and so it wouldnt gouge the aluminum. M.H.
[signature]
Wiperhunter I would appreciate it.

Musky Hunter thanks as well.
[signature]
I just use a clamp-on on a 2x4 on my 12' boat and it works great. The only problem is it pulls my boat over to it's side due to the drag and weight.
[signature]
Thanks for the info Brody.
[signature]
Sorry this took so long but I just barely found the rigger. I've got two pictures of it, that I'll post. One problem is if you use this style, you will need to drill holes in the side of your boat for the mount but the good thing is you can use it for holding your rod when you aren't using your rigger. The mount is in these pictures also. The brand name off the rigger is Roberts.
[inline "downrigger2 00005.JPG"]
[inline "downrigger2 00003.JPG"]
[signature]
Thank you very much you rock.
[signature]
Majja -

there is only one way:

[url "http://www.titelok.com/product_info.php?products_id=145"]http://www.titelok.com/product_info.php?products_id=145[/url]

SW has 'em. I used 12 ga steel plates on inside and outside of gunnel for extra bracing.

tg
[signature]