Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surprise at mantua (report)
It was my five year old daughters birthday yesterday. She wanted to go catch some fish for her birthday. Works for me right? I get to go fishing.

Anyways, to keep the pace up and keep things interesting for my five and three year old, I just take them to manuta for trout. Its fast action and its real close to home. Perfect world scenario for growing your kids up so they love fishing.

Anyways, we went out for about two hours and got seven trout. But the kicker was she caught this fish, and I kept looking over at here and she couldnt keep the rod tip up. I said hold the pole high in the air. She said she couldnt. Now, me being a dumb dad didnt even figure she had a big fish on there. Theres no big trout in mantua right? So I just keep saying, lift the rod up. Finally she gets the fish about half way to the boat and it makes a big old run. She just about looses the pole. So, I grab the tip end and pull it back up. After all this continues to go on, she finally gets the fish up to the boat and I got excited. It was a big fish. I was more amazed than anything, but I netted it and weighed it. A hare under four pounds. No camera. theres no need to take pictures of the planters in mantua right? Anyways, we let him go and trolled on.

She then got into another nice fish about a minuet later. This one was just over two pounds, but compared to the other planters we caught, they were bolth nice fish.

Same thing was working, spinners.
[signature]
OK Predator, you can do better than that. What kind of spinner, how fast were you trolling, what part of the lake? You can PM me if you want to keep it a secret. I hope you daughter had a good birthday, she sure did good with the fishing. WH2
[signature]
I just made refrence to the post I made on thursday since it was all the same gear and tactics. Plus its no big deal, it is not hard at all to get into the fish on mantua. Shoot, any lure ought to work and in a boat you can cover the whole lake in a couple hours. If you want all the details, go down to the next page and its will all be there. Too much typing for me.
[signature]
Great story Predator. My 3 year old seems to want to be like Dad and become a fishin' nut, sounds like your kids are already there!
[signature]