Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bass fishing neighborhood ponds
Ive just recentley got back in to bass fishing small neighborhood ponds around me up here in marietta georgia and was wondering if any one had any tips on what to throw at these pond bass in this semi cool water. And I just want to say thanks ahead of time for yalls tips.
[signature]
There are so many options as to what to suggest. Water clarity and time of day could play a key role.

Most of the Bass in the lower states are getting ready for the Spring Fling as we call it.

Some baits they will not pay attention to and others will help to get them pissed off and they will attack.

You could try some of the crawdad imitations in a Carolina rig and slowly walked on the bottom.

Salamanders and leeches can also work.

Do you have stained water or relatively clear??? How deep are you fishing??[cool]
[signature]
Can't go wrong with a weightless senko. Green pumpkin, watermelon or Junebug are good colors.
[signature]
mostly the water is very shallow, we are talking a neighborhood pond that you can walk around in 5 minutes, even though its small its got alot of fish in it. iam not sure how big they are but the ones ive seen are very unagressive. i managed to catch 2 today on a buzzbait that was swimming below the surface and they actually chased it which was out of the norm cause they have been so lazy latley but after that it slowed down alot. most of the time i have been using unwaited senkos which are my usualy bait either hooked wacky style or texas but that has been unproductive latley and iam not sure if there are any crawfish around here but i bought some plastic ones to try tommorow any way. if you guys have any more tips iam eager to here them and thank you.
[signature]
If they chased the buzzbait you might want to try a chatterbait. If they are getting alot of pressure try downsizing to a small plastic.
I've fished alot of places where big baits are thrown all the time and sometimes it pays off to downsize to a small dropshot worm or a 3" senko. Crawbugs are a favorite of mine when fishing is tough as well as small swimbaits.
[signature]
alright guys i tried again today with the crawfish but i wasnt sure how to hook it or work it so i wasnt very confident. i also bought a chaterbait and didnt have much luck with it, but i went to a different neighborhood lake and saw 5 fish over 4 pounds swiming almost on top of the water and i threw everything at them and they either let it hit them in the face or they slowly swam away so i dont know what they are doing but i feel like maybe they were chasing flys so maybe a rooster tail? or do u have any suggestions. also none of these lakes iam talking about are over fished most are barley fished except by me. i also made a trip to my very small neighborhood pond and caught 10 bass on a wolly bugger on the fly rod and was wondering what to throw in there to find the bigger ones. my friend caught 3 or 4 on a red and black senko with no weight but it was alot slower then the fly road. thanks guys for all the help [Wink]
[signature]
If you want to catch bigger fish make sure you are fishing in the thickest nastiest cover available! A simple texas rig worm in black blue, purple, green pumpkin. toss in the thick stuff and you should get some better fish. If there is no thick cover try a dropshot rig.

Blitz out
[signature]
Get yourself a few small crankbaits in babybass color and some fluke that will match the minnow color in your area. Now you have most of the options to use. Try different speeds and always slow down in the spring.
[signature]
I would suggest a small crankbait or jerkbait that would match the color of any available forage. Suspending are my favorites. make sure you pause the bait and watch for a bite. They usually hit on the pause.
[signature]
The only thing chatterbaits are designed to catch are the buyers eye. IMHO they are scrapmetal. Try a spo aruku shad if the waters muddy, Try senko's or even kelly worms if the water is semi clear. If you cought a few with a buzz bait then give a spinnerbait a try but retrieve it so that it is just breaking the water line. goodluck
[signature]
A chatterbait is a cross between a jig, a spinnerbait and a buzz bait...sounds worthless to me too [Wink]. No way would that ever fool a bass...
[inline humble.jpg]
[inline humble1.jpg]
[signature]