Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview(report)
Was up at pineview Sunday, Started with fishing the coves on the south side of Huntsville, not a bite so we drove around the side between Huntsville and Eden their were so many people fishing those inlets,it would be hard to cast out and not hook your neighbor.To many people for me, especially when I have the grandkids with me. It is no fun for them if they can't roam the beach and look for lures and cool rocks and such. Finally settled for a spot on the south end where there was only a few people fishing. We caught some rather large mud cats. I don't think I havce ever seen them this big, they were all over 12 inches long. My grandaughter caught one on her new fishing pole she got for Easter, her first fish this year. She is only 4yrs old but did really well landing him.My son caught a nice smallie also . I had the best luck of all, I got a carp.lmao, they are very ugly fish up there. I bet it didn't have more than 4 scales over it's whole body. Why is that? Not one perch or crappie.
[signature]
I never knew there was mud cats in there . Saturday I was fishing the north arm where the stream dumps in and seen lots of perch in close to shore . They were hanging out in the willows . It wasn't crowded at all saturday . Glad to hear the kids caught fish . Here's a pic of perch from last winter , just got the prints . someone please bring back the ice !! Just kidding

[Image: LOOM5874CustomImage0274441.jpg]
[signature]
I agree with the ice, it is alot easier to get to the fish when you don't have a boat. Last summer i saw a gentleman with a 2 hook set up pulling in 2 cats at a time and keeping everyone of them no matter what the size.I guess someone likes to eat them. I know channel cats are supposed to be good eats.I don't eat fish I just catch them.
[signature]
Nice to see someone was useing Tube Dudes beer can mesuring system. :}
[signature]
Those bottom two are pretty nice sized! What are they about twelve ounces? The infamous Bud Light, they work at almost any body of water!
[signature]
The carp with very few scales are mirror carp--just another variety of the big lip fish.

[cool]
[signature]
A true fishermans measuring tape HA69. No matter when you catch them that tape will never go out of style and everyone can relate LOL
[signature]
Hellsangler69, very nice perch!! last time I went ice fishing at pineview was 2 years ago and the fish were all very small, but I caught over 40 fish. The reason I think, is they were so overpoppulated that the fishes growth was stunted. But this year I,m guessing the poppulation is a bit smaller because, this year people caught less fish(reported) and the fish were a better size this year.[cool] P.S. never seen the beer can measurement, nice touch HA!!! -TIBBZZ-
[signature]
It must have been a mirror carp,different speciese than you are used to seeing. (i beleive)
[signature]