Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's offroading?
Skylarz and group,

Merry Christmas!

I propose winter offroading can be more fun, greater learning experiences and safer when done as a group of two vehicles (or more), so let's plan a group adventure!

Considering pushing the limits of traction capabilities and winter conditions with weather that can quickly change when we're quite a ways from being back on good roads, I propose we go as a group, so I post here rather than private message because others might be interested, too. There's safety in numbers.

I have an annual pass for Utah State Parks and added all of the winterizing and off road accessories*, so I'm also looking at off road winter fun which will include ice fishing.

*Winterized for Offroading: No need to stay in on snow days!

New AGM batteries for both vehicles.

The new Blizzak Tires: The vehicle is certainly built strong to handle rough terrain well and not just crawling either, so to realize and enjoy it's potential, I oversized the tire selection to maximum diameter and width and with greater than usual tread depth on the snow tires with a 2800 pound load capacity per tire. The larger diameter will increase my ground clearance and go over roughness, bumps and holes better with less risk of damage on the snow covered off road trails.

I added tow straps (most likely not needed for me).

Come Along Winch

Full size shovel

Plenty of windshield washer fluid

0W-40 oil

RainX and anti-fog

SPOT Trace Satellite GPS location / communication

Food, water, warm clothing ...

Safety and rescue equipment

Ice Fishing Equipment

Aside from good choices of equipment and accessories, a most important part of the winterizing package is me. I'm very physically fit (bicycle racer specializing in the 100 mile races of large events that includes professional racers) and hardened to winter cold. I'm a problem solver. I have a multitude of skills and excellent physical endurance with a never give up mindset for success and I thrive in adversities far beyond the tolerance of most. I have plenty of accumulated vacation time, so my availability is high with advance notice.

I enjoy being part of adventures.

Let's plan ice fishing adventures that includes offroading!
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Who's offroading? - by DMcLane - 04-20-2008, 01:52 AM
Re: [DMcLane] Who's offroading? - by lvrider - 07-26-2009, 06:01 AM
Re: [DMcLane] Who's offroading? - by davetclown - 10-21-2009, 03:00 PM
Re: [DMcLane] Who's offroading? - by FisherPrize - 04-20-2017, 04:09 AM
Re: [FisherPrize] Who's offroading? - by dmlucas5 - 05-15-2017, 08:06 AM
Re: [DMcLane] Who's offroading? - by skylarz - 12-08-2017, 01:39 AM
Re: [skylarz] Who's offroading? - by RonPaulFan - 12-12-2017, 02:18 AM
Re: [skylarz] Who's offroading? - by RonPaulFan - 12-23-2017, 10:25 PM
Re: [skylarz] Who's offroading? - by RonPaulFan - 06-30-2019, 07:02 AM
Re: [DMcLane] Who's offroading? - by letscruise84 - 01-11-2019, 02:05 PM