Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arkansas River Canyon
went up to the canyon this morning around 8am. started at Valley Bridge and made our way down to Parkdale. i did not have my water gauge on me but i would say water temp was in the low 40's. caught two (bottom two in pic) on my fly rod on a little prince nymph and then dident have another bite off the fly rod the rest of the day. started bouncing night crawlers off the bottom and the old man and i hooked up with the rest in the pic. i caught three he caught 7, but threw a few back. wind drove us off the river at about noon. saw a lot of other people out there fishing and only asked one guy if he had any luck, he told me he dident have any luck all day. another great day.
[signature]
Great Report!!! Are those "minnows" for our Lake Powell trip in a couple weeks? Just curious since you are only allowed to chum with Anchovies there, but I guess since your "minnows" are dead you can use them as bait!!! How big were they for real? Put a tape measure next to them next time and re-size your pictures before some moderator jumps down your throat!!![Wink]
TS
[signature]
Thanks for the helpful report, kochanut! Nice fish!
[signature]
id say the biggest one on the bottom is close to 16 1/2. tomorrow im heading up to the South platte below Spinney, and if its tough there ill hit up the area around Hartsell with the fly rod and post something.
[signature]
Sounds good. Look forward to the report. Make sure Dad isnt the one holding the net if you go below Spinney. He seems to freeze when you have a HUGE one hooked. He likes to cut your line in jealousy when you have a state record on the other end too......watch your back!!!
TS
[signature]
dad says your grounded
[signature]
Thats fine!!![frown] I bought him an instructional video at Sportsmans Warehouse on "How to net monster fish"!!! I didnt get my 10% discount on that one though[:p]!!!
TS
[signature]