Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
national safe boating week may 17-23,08
[left][font "Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][#006666]Welcome to the 2008 North American Safe Boating Campaign![/#006666][/font][font "Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"] As boating season approaches we are beginning to prepare for another campaign to spread the message of safe and responsible boating. This year we are hoping to educate the boating community about life jacket wear and the options that are available when it comes to comfortable and lightweight jackets. We are also working closely with our partner organizations to create a larger grassroots network and create a more consistent campaign message. We are hoping these collaborative efforts will increase awareness about the importance of wearing life jackets while on the water.[Image: welcome-photo.jpg][/font]
[font "Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][#006666]Once again all of your campaign materials including ordering your free resources will be available only from the web site,[/#006666][/font][font "Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"] [url "http://www.safeboatingcampaign.com/"]www.safeboatingcampaign.com[/url]. Look under Campaign Resources to order your informational materials, view press releases and proclamations and to download PSAs and graphics. Items such as activity sheets and information for kids and types of life jackets can be found under Educational Resources. For FAQ and links to our campaign partners, check out About the Campaign. To let people in your area know about events you are holding or to view other events in your area, go to Campaign Events. There you can also find Power Point presentations about the campaign for you to use as well as campaign certificates and photos. Also check out our new [/font][font "Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][#006666][url "http://messages.safeboatingcampaign.net/tool/mb/campaign"]Message Board[/url][/#006666][/font][font "Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"] where you can exchange ideas and information with other campaign planners. [/font]
[font "Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][#006666]We hope that we have provided you with all of the resources necessary to supplement your own efforts in your area. Remember this is YOUR campaign.[/#006666][/font][font "Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"] If there is anything you feel would make this campaign more useful to you, please let us know by filling out a [url "http://www.safeboatingcampaign.net/evaluation.htm"]campaign evaluation[/url]. We hope these resources will help you to run a successful campaign. With your support, we can continue to reduce the number of recreational boating fatalities and help to save lives. If you have any questions about the campaign, or its materials, please contact the National Safe Boating Council at (703) 361-4294 or via email at [url "mailto:outreach@safeboatingcouncil.org"]outreach@safeboatingcouncil.org[/url].[/font]
[font "Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Have a fun and safe boating season and remember to WEAR IT!![/font]
[/left]
[signature]
good to see these kind of programs come up from time to time,

I dont think my boat could get any safer, it has been on dry dock now for about 10 months..[frown]

Gas prices just a bit rich for my blood these days...[pirate]
[signature]
i hear you on that,dave.my boat hasn't seen water since feb.my fishing has been on the decline as well
[signature]