Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Pike of the year
Caught my first pike for the year yesterday. We were casting little white jigs targeting crappie and perch. I had my little ultralite rod with 6 lb test line and that pike put up a HUGE fight.

It was 22 inches (2 inches shy of legal).

Sorry no pictures. That thing was beyond slimmy and even after the long fight it was still thrashing around like crazy.
[signature]
Typical Pike,squirmee critters watch out for the teeth.
[signature]
TEETH is right. That was one of the main reason I wasn't holding the thing any longer than I had to.
[signature]
Nice job, that is one of my summer goals this year is to catch a pike. I have caught many, mnay tiger muskies but never landed a pike.[cool]
[signature]
Nice pike, I have cought many pike. mostly what i fish for. first pike of the year was 30 inches 10 pounds
[signature]
here is the last pike i have cought! and one my boy tommy cought the same day!

we love to catch pike..

hay brody yuba is not that far from you!

oh and here is a short video of the last part of the fight!
[url "http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YRYRpYP3p2A"]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YRYRpYP3p2A[/url]
[signature]
oh and BTW dude if you plan on letting the pike go holding it by the eyeball's will kill it.. just a thought.. [:p]
[signature]
2.5 hours and $150+ in gas. Pineview is only 25 minutes away. If i could find someone to go down with i probably would.[pirate]
[signature]
i hear ya there my friend. if i lived that close to pinview you would need a crowbar to pry my bunn's off the lake! [sly]

but i'm the same way as you with yuba and redmond.. they are about the same distence from me so might not be as big of fish as the view but a good alturnative for catching the gater-mouth-bass.. [sly]..

oh BTW here is the one i cought yesterday at yuba!
[signature]
Yeah i saw it Ron. Go ahead and rub it in with a little salt.[pirate]
One of these days i need to con you into taking me out after the pike at Yuba. I'll trade ya for tigers. How's that?[cool]
[signature]
you got a deal man..
we will work it out some how.. i have realy wanted to get in a big tiger. but like you say long way to go not knowing anything about the area or where to or how to fish for them.. [sly]
[signature]
<----Newb Here

My experience with the pike that I have caught has left me scarred! Literally! I'm really new to fishing and I forgot they had teeth so I went in to grab it and now I have a nice little scar on my thumb! Go me! Lol
[signature]
man you got a lot of brass to put your finger or any other part of your body in a pike's mouth!! [sly] bet ya dont do that again! [crazy].

grab them behind the the eye's squezing the gill plat together.. try not to handle them to much tho in less you want to keep it.. it's best to keep it in the water and use a hook remover to get the hook and let it go..
[signature]