Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catalytic Converter Thefts
[font "Arial"][size 2]"Recently throughout the state we have had thefts involving Catalytic Converters from the undercarriage of vehicles. The suspects crawl under the vehicle, cut the converter using a sawzall type tool, and flee. They in turn sell the converters to scrapyards across the valley. The converters contain precious metals such as Platinum, Palladium and Rhodium. The thieves are able to sell them for $35-$200. Pretty good money for a minutes worth of work.[/size][/font]
[font "Arial"][size 2]The attachment contains photos of two suspects in a blue, late 80’s, GMC van. (note from Kent -- I tried to upload the Word document but got an error message) They commit the theft in 1 minute. [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]If you could sent this info out to your people, I’d appreciate it. [/size][/font]
[font "Arial"][size 2]Any info regarding the van and/or two suspects will be greatly appreciated. My case number is 08H006988. [/size][/font]
[font "Arial"][size 2] [/size][/font]
[font "Arial"][size 2]Detective Brett Madsen[/size][/font]
[font "Arial"][size 2]West Jordan Police Dpt.[/size][/font]
[font "Arial"][size 2]8040 South Redwood Road[/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2][/size][/font]
[font "Arial"][size 2]West Jordan[/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2] [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]Ut[/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2], [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]84088[/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2][/size][/font]
[font "Arial"][size 2]801-256-2129"[/size][/font]
[signature]
[ul][li]Some people are real lazy, sorry too hear.[/li][/ul]
[signature]
This does not strike me as surprising. With all the gas and as TubeDude pointed out, all the holes drilled in gas tanks lately. Law Enforcement is not strict enough nowdays. All the vadals are going crazy.
[signature]