Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bartlett/Pleasent
Long time all

Went to Bartlett on Friday the25 and caught over 30 small bass between daylight and noon. All caught on Topwater and Zoom Flukes and then of course a few on a C-Rig. The lake is real high looking real nice, talked to a guy fishing for cats up in the river and he produced a 62 pound flathead Huge thing along with a few in the 20-30 pound range all on live bluegills.

Pleasent

We went after the whites and we found them with no problems, back in the mouth of the river the boils were no stop from first light untill the sun hit the water directly. We caught around 40 whites all on Spinnerbaits,rattletraps and flukes. What a blast even though my wrist is all swollen. Well I guess thats the price you pay for a good fishing day.

I dont know I think I will be back fishing Saguaro this week (wed) and hopefully find some nice bed fish to stretch my line, Tube have you heard anything about the ole Saguaro?

Fish On
[signature]
Hey, Bro. Wondered how you were doing. I got out by myself on Sunday morning, at BJ and the fishing was slow. Lotsa shad spawning early along the shoreline, but no bass chasin' them. Several boats working the shorelines and points but didn't see anyone stick a fish. Still a heavy algae bloom and lots of watercraft traffic. One of the boats said there had been a bunch of jet skiers running around inside the buoy line yesterday afternoon.

See my post on the Float Tubing forum of BFT. I was overrun first by a swimming club, and then by several big boats that pretended I wasn't there. I tried Senkos, C-rigs and drop shotting. No luck. Best I could do was a few yellow bass for the pan on my small jigs. My "inboard" just wasn't up to running up the lake and trying other areas.

Water temp at 6 AM launch was 66 and just over 70 when I got off the water at noon. The algae bloom was so thick I had to plow my way into shore.

Were you able to make that red tinsel work for you at all? How bout any of the jigheads?
[signature]
Tube,

The red tinsel didnt work so good seems to be a much finer material than the ones before. I was going through my spinnerbait box and found some Strike King blades that had the same kind of Tinsel in a silver color made I could run it by and you tell me if you have seen anything like it around. But I must say the effort by you was great and I appreciate the help.

As for the jig heads I have been using them with my handpour craw and been doing good on bedfish at Apache and Roosevlet. The only downside for the jighead/craw is if the eye of the hook was a little longer and bent more at a 45 degree angle would be the perfect fit. But they are working just fine.

I have a Wednesday night Tourny at Saguaro and havent been out in a while, but I hear the fish are shallow (on beds) did you see any of this when you were out? It would be great if you had any ideas that might help me win some $$ I will buy the tube dude a lunch or something.

Fish on
[signature]
[cool]With the pea soup and the water activity in Butcher Jones, I couldn't see anything in the shallows, and I suspect the serious spawners are doing their thing in quieter waters.

If you can find the fish, I would just say go with the tried and true bedding baits...lizards and jig and trailers. I have also done well with oversize worms, but they don't seem to slurp them all in while they are on the beds. It's more of a killing munch than an eating gulp. More and more guys are swearing by Senkos for bedding bass. I have never had the opportunity to try them on a good spawn.

I have a friend in another state that has done well with worms rigged wacky style...with no weight...on bedding bass. It doesn't take much to move them after they are in the pay zone, and they have a good slow drop. Should be good for shallow fish. Who knows.

Another thought. I saw a couple of small greenish crawdads near the edge out in cleaner water Sunday. They were about 3" long. I suspect that if the dads are getting active, the bass are looking for them...or looking out for them if they are on nests.

That tinsel was the only red stuff I had. But, there are many kinds of flashabou and other fibres...from fine to large. If nothing else, let's meet for lunch someday and I can look at the other stuff and try to match it. I have several sources for almost anything you would want.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey Bro, are you still hanging around? [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I moved back up to Utah, but like to try to keep up with what is going on down on the old favorite ponds. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Did the recent storms help the water situation at all?[/#0000ff]
[signature]