Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Montanas Historic Firehole Ranch Announces New Ranch Manager
West Yellowstone, MT (PRWEB) April 26, 2008 -- Firehole Ranch, Montana's exclusive fly fishing lodge, announced today that Chris McCoy, former Executive Director of Food and Beverage for Glacier Park, Inc., has joined Firehole Ranch as Ranch Manager. The announcement was made today by owner, Lynda Caine.

<br>Catering to the discriminating fly fishing enthusiast since 1947, the Firehole Ranch offers a cozy, friendly environment with the style, elegance, and grace of yesteryear. With a spectacular location, nestled on the shore of Hebgen Lake, just outside Yellowstone National Park, this classic historic Montana lodge opens for a brief 14-week season, hosting a mere 20 guests a week. The majority of whom return each year to fish the unmatched variety and abundance of blue ribbon trout water; mythical rivers like the Madison, Yellowstone, Henry's Fork, Gallatin, Ruby and many more. In his new role as Ranch Manager, Chris will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the ranch; ensuring guests continue to receive the personal, friendly service that brings them back year-after-year.<br>

<br>Chris feels the Firehole Ranch is a perfect fit for him, "Hospitality has always been a natural for me," he remarked. "To go from seven hotels with over two million visitors a year to a private ranch with 20 visitors and 20 employees - I feel like I've moved up." Chris points out that the Ranch, listed on the National Historic Register, reflects the obvious love and care of a single owner. Originally the Watkins Creek Ranch, Lynda Caine rescued it from being subdivided into 20 acre ranchettes. Chris was drawn to not only the historic setting of the Ranch, but also the intimate fly fishing experience it delivers.<br>

<br>Prior to joining Firehole Ranch, Chris was the Executive Director of Food and Beverage for Glacier Park, Inc. where he was responsible for all facets of multi-unit food and beverage operations. In addition, Chris served as General Manager for several of their historic hotels, and was involved in the recruitment, hiring, and training of a seasonal staff of over 350 employees. Reflecting on his eight years at Glacier Park, Chris remarked, "My favorite thing was when I was the General Manager of the Prince of Wales Hotel in Waterton, Alberta - the environment - not a single person came into that lobby who wasn't in complete awe." Before coming to Montana, Chris spent 13 years in the Virgin Islands, where he owned and operated several restaurants.<br>

<br>A certified member of the Master Court of Sommeliers, Chris has undergone extensive schooling in order to be able to determine a wine by its grape, region and climate. When asked about his experience in that respect, he said, "One thing I learned is - to each his own (when it comes to wines). Most people will assume the $150 bottle of wine is better than the $20 bottle, which is so far from the truth." Chris' passions when he's not working include: aviation (he is a former helicopter pilot); exploring the backcountry with his dogs, especially the Bob Marshall; and fly fishing when he can find the time. "I look forward to being with those who have the expertise to better my fly fishing," he says of working with the Firehole Ranch's seasoned guides.<br>

<br>For additional information that is the subject of this release, contact: Lynda Caine, Owner, or Alicia White, Guest Manager at 406-646-7294, or visit www.fireholeranch.com.<br>

<br>About Firehole Ranch:<br>
The Firehole Ranch is a rare place in today's fast-paced world. It seems to exist to teach a lesson about life, fly fishing and what is truly important. This is what Lynda Caine, owner, saw when in 1999 she saved the historic "Watkins Creek Ranch" from being subdivided into 20-acre ranchettes. Over the years, spending summers on the lake and eventually purchasing her own nearby land, Lynda developed a love for this special place. She realized it must be preserved to continue to pass on its lesson to future generations. Caine takes great satisfaction in seeing her guests become centered again as they reconnect with themselves and the natural world around them. With a keen understanding of the symbiotic relationship of the ranch and the land around it, Caine practices good stewardship and sustainable practices. Her efforts to preserve the place, the structures, and the experience have resulted in the Firehole Ranch being listed in the National Register of Historic Places.<br>

<br>Contact:
<br>Alicia White, Guest Manager
<br>Lynda Caine, Owner
<br>Firehole Ranch
<br>(406) 646-7294
<br>info @ fireholeranch.com
<br>www.fireholeranch.com