Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
up north
I just moved to the Reno area and wanted to know of any good fishing spots in the area. I'd like to avoid CA simply due to the high license cost, and I don't have a boat. Am I out of luck, or is there something my waders can handle? Lake, stream, it doesn't matter to me, nor the fish species. I'll take anything! Thanks.
[signature]
BUMP
3 months and no help? C'mon guys...
[signature]
Tahoe is supposed to have some good lake trout fishing, but you need a boat I think. Ive fished the Truckee up in the Carson Iceberg Wilderness, and caught some nice small trout. Dont know too much about the north.
[signature]
Try ladder fishing at Pyrimad in the early spring. Some BIB lothan in there.
[signature]
Contact Ron at Sierra Nevada Bigmouths, I know they are having a meeting on the 18th [url "mailto:rski@charter.net"]rski@charter.net[/url]

I only know of Lahonton and it seems to be draining last I heard. I also heard Tahoe has Smallies???? Good luck.
[signature]
If you're living in Reno just get a light action spinning outfit & a good stock of #2 Mepps spinners, Panther Martins & the like. Put on your waders & get in the Truckee almost anywhere from Sparks to the state line. Toss the spinners upstream into the holes & wind like he-- to get the spinner working then hang on. There are some tacklebuster browns & rainbows in that river.
[signature]
That sounds like my kind of fishing. Thanks for the help everyone. Can't wait to get out there!
[signature]
[Wink] Hey man i just barely read yo post ... Im from Winnemucca ,nv but currently live in utah ...Plenty o places too fish besides the truckee an tahoe... Washoe lake in between reno an carson has some good wiper,cats,an sunfish to be had..Lahotan has record size wipers as well as walleyes, smallys,crappies an cats..More north rye patch has some mega wipers as well .. with walleyes,perch,smallys,record crappies, big channel cats too... Pyramid hands down best trout fishery in yo area but is seasonal with wierd slots on the cutts.. hope it helps let me know if you need more.. FIsh on ..FISHAMANIAC...[Wink]
[signature]
Thats some great info. Thanks for the help. I just came from Utah which has some of the best fishing I've ever seen. I fished year round there, and the selection of lakes and species is unbelievable. The Utah forums are also incredible.
[signature]